• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

replacing speedometer face plate

jrowland

I am looking for information on how to take the speedometer apart to change the face plate to metric. Any information or videos would be appreciated.
Thanks

What year and model? They are different between models
I'll add it to title to help now and in future searches for others

More details as to model needed. If it's and oilhead one:

The gear needs to be changed for the odo and trip meter to read correctly.
The metric one is blue, the miles one is green

Google the subject, I read some detailed info a few years ago

Metric one shown below

Attachments

• IMGP2964.jpg
    IMGP2964.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
My 97 R1100rt speedo is marked in both mph and km. Replacing the burnt out bulbs for the speedo and tach was bad enough for me.

Back