• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Replacement windsheild for '99 R1100R

gutenberg

Hi Gang,

Looking for a replacement windshield for my '99 R1100R. Aftermarket shields are a problem due to the need to use the factory mounting brackets because of those idiotic aluminum profile non-adjustable handlebars.

Cee Bailey used to offer one, but they suddenly no longer offer mc products. I've tried Parabellum, National Cycle, neither offer a shield that will fit the factory brackets. Parabellum's Scout is nice, but would cost more than the bike is worth.

Anybody got some ideas?

Welcome to the forum g'berg:wave

Not many options anymore and yes, the gull wing bars do not help. We have a stock and maybe a ceebaileys.I may even have another option my bro-in-law gave me in a box of 1100 stuff. If I find it later, I will PM you.

Be careful with those brackets as they run around $65 EACH nowadays in spite of how they appear.We have replaced several lower mounts thru the years with the stock screen, vibrations and speed stress the flattened tubing at the holes.

Years ago, saw a set of tubular bars from a GS on a Roadster using adapters. Now you would have to swap the triple tree casting no doubt

Replacement windshield for '99 R1100R

Welcome to the forum g'berg:wave

Not many options anymore and yes, the gull wing bars do not help. We have a stock and maybe a ceebaileys.I may even have another option my bro-in-law gave me in a box of 1100 stuff. If I find it later, I will PM you.

Be careful with those brackets as they run around $65 EACH nowadays in spite of how they appear.We have replaced several lower mounts thru the years with the stock screen, vibrations and speed stress the flattened tubing at the holes.

Years ago, saw a set of tubular bars from a GS on a Roadster using adapters. Now you would have to swap the triple tree casting no doubt

Thanks Henzilla,

Yeah, I'm beginning to lean towards just putting a F15 screen on it and call it a day. I know, the gullwing bars drive me a bit nuts too. Ordered some spacers to get bit more upright riding position, but those aluminum blocks didn't fit. Good reminder about the stock brackets, I better recycle those if I go the F15 way.

I bought this bike cheap last year. Only 30K miles but had been left outside so she isn't real pretty. It runs great though so I just want to try to clean it up a bit and fix the little annoyances, like the cracked windshield, rock hard seat (that makes you slide forward constantly crushing your cajones) and missing right-side hard bag. But because she is old and looks the way it does, it's hard to justify spending big dollars fixing these little issues.

Thanks again for the feedback.

George

Flyscreen

I put on a flyscreen from an R1150R. Fit right on and a little careful bending made it look stock on my ‘01. I searched in vain for a full size windscreen that didn’t cause excessive wind noise (I’m 6’2” fwiw). Now I keep the old stock touring screen as a backup. The flyscreen does just enough to keep the wind off my chest while not adding too much noise.

With the stock touring screen the wind noise was so bad I couldn’t hear anything. Now I’m good with earplugs and can still hear music and phone calls.

Back