• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Who rode in today? 39 and sunny here in Massachoooosetts!

Rode to work the last two days, because we still don't have cable/internet at home. I have been working from home the last year. After the Arctic blast hit Texas, I'm just glad we have power (2 day outage) & water (5 day outage). When the power came back on, the house was down to 48 degrees. And we got off pretty light; there are still folks around here without power.

A whole lot of stressing for a week. It was such a relief to take off on the 1150 to anywhere.

Way too much ice up here in New Hampshire. It's 41 but we need a good rain before I get the bikes out. I spent the day raking more of my roof off. It's a nearly flat roof and I had 2 feet of snow on it and every day I go up for an hour and move more off it. Good workout plan for Winter time. The bikes are now buried with a 6 foot snow pile.

I went for a ride Sunday. It was 40'ish. I need my truck for work, so no riding to work for this guy.

As for riding in the cold, I bundled up and headed out for a Frozen Hero run they do here in January. I rode the ten miles to the meet, and rode on buy. Put an a couple more miles and went home. I never went on the ride, but I put on 25-30 miles. It was -20F.

Commuting again

Haven't been on the forums in awhile and noticed I posted in this thread back in February! Well I've switched things up a bit. I was riding with an Alpinestar setup but wanted waterproof ability without having to remember the liners. Now I have a Klim Latitude jacket and pants. Definitely have to focus more on my layers with this model. Have Klim 1.0 liners for the BMW 2 stage gloves and run some inexpensive Wal-mart thermals with a mix of sweats and pullovers. Working down to freezing pretty good so far. Still wearing a skull cap and just added a cotton neck warmer. Passed an RV with 2 GS's coming into Charlotte this morning headed north. It's great when you have a good system down. It's even better when you can start taking some of it off come spring!

-20F this morning. Had to wake up at 4AM and turn on the engine block heaters to be able to start the cars at 8AM. My Diesel showed 30F on the coolant after 4 hours on heat. I put a battery tender on the VW as the battery is 3 years old which made starting it a lot easier.

72 degrees here in west central Montana. The skies are clear and azure in color with just an occasional puffy white cloud floating by. The scent of freshly cut alfalfa is wafting through the air and the occasional contented bellow of cattle can be heard over the sounds of Silver Creek gurgling its way down the ten miles to the Missouri River. There is still some snow on the surrounding mountains; enough to highlite every ridge and peak that still casts a shadow along the valley.

Hey, a man is entitled to his dreams, isn't he?

-20F this morning. Had to wake up at 4AM and turn on the engine block heaters to be able to start the cars at 8AM. My Diesel showed 30F on the coolant after 4 hours on heat. I put a battery tender on the VW as the battery is 3 years old which made starting it a lot easier.

“We love our four seasons” :eek

Back