• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who rode in today? 39 and sunny here in Massachoooosetts!

kz1000ken

gsAtWork.jpg

I used to do that crazy stuff. Once, 75 miles at 8 degrees F to go to a Toys for Tots ride. That was not fun. I don't do that anymore.

Paul, the proud wimp. :wave

The roads are to crapy here. I will ride as long as the roads are dry.

The local VFW does a winter ride every January. I got bundled up and headed over for the ride. Got there and just rode on by and went back home. I could have gone on the ride, I was dressed for it it even though it was -20F! I just figured, what was the point!

Low 30's this morning, in Austin, TX. Rode in, but will be in the 70's later today and I have the afternoon off so I plan on enjoying the ride home and a few errands.

sunny and 55 in DC today.....perfect for taking the 94 K75S out for road test after i installed new RMS, clutch o-ring and clutch in it yesterday!

Kiddo is not old enough to ride passenger to school yet, sooo not today. Yesterday morning is was a gorgeous 33 here in MD which I did ride to work in.

Here in western Colorado Spring has sprung. I live at 9740' but on a south facing road to the desert out to the west.
I've been riding nearly everyday, doing out and backs to Gateway and loops out to La Sal, Moab and Monticello, Blanding and Dove Creek. I'm very lucky living here being a rider. Unlimited interesting day rides from my door and I can return home every night.
Super scenic, nice pavement, very few LEO's. Lots of curves to carve on.
I run a small construction business and it is shut down. I wonder if this is what retirement life is going to look for me? If so bring it on- I like it!
I rotate between 3 bikes:
a 1978 R-80 that has Avon Road Rider tires, super fun to ride. Full fairing All tuned up
A 1990 K 75RT, also super cool to tour with, New Michelin Pilot Activ tires- Also tuned up
A 2014 C-14 Kawasaki , a really well sorted Super Sport touring Machine, fun and comfortable to ride. Roadsmart 3 tires- Also recently completely gone through and tuned up

Here on the last day of April in Cincinnati, its between 48-51F most areas of the metro, with scattered rain showers.

For springtime riding this month it's not been very good, very often. Below normal temps, plenty of rain, thunderstorms, and windy.

About 7 different afternoon's of only 3 too 6 hours were pleasant temps with sunshine.

I think last two weeks of March may have been nicer than the last three weeks here!

It occurred to me I entered the April 1 start of the MOA's annual mileage survey... and my odometer has not changed from late March.

I rode in on the leg-powered two-wheeler today. My coworker reminded me that it's 40 degrees warmer today in MN when compared to last week (when I also rode in).

I'll enjoy the warm weather, but I'm not going to fool myself that spring is coming any time soon up here... :)

Back