• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2016 GTL Saddle bag trim

Jon

Wave to motorcycle cops
Anyone have an issue with the leading edge of the saddle bag trim separating from the bag? When I first got the bike sales person said they all have that gap...gap now growing. Anyone have this issue or have a fix?

Trim loose

I had mine start to separate from the saddle bag and ended up removing the trim from both bags. Removed the tape residue from the trim and bags. I installed the trim with acrylic two sided tape used by auto-body shops that I purchased from Graingers for the recommended curing time and temperature. The trim has held now for 3 years with no more problems.

Anyone have an issue with the leading edge of the saddle bag trim separating from the bag? When I first got the bike sales person said they all have that gap...gap now growing. Anyone have this issue or have a fix?

I have the same issue with my 2016. I haven't discussed it with my dealer. If it gets worse, I may just leave it off. Seems kind of chintzy for such an expensive motorcycle.

Ill watch this thread with interest.

I have the same issue with my 2016. I haven't discussed it with my dealer. If it gets worse, I may just leave it off. Seems kind of chintzy for such an expensive motorcycle.

Ill watch this thread with interest.

I am due for service middle of March, I will ask the dealer for a fix, if a no go I may remove.

Back