• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle Transporters - Recommendations??

lasnin

Hello Motorbike Riders & Colleagues:

I need to ship an RT from a Texas dealer to my domicile in Northeastern California. I know that the MOA has a couple of transporters listed on their website, however I wanted to see what all your experiences and recommendations would be. Thanks in advance!

Haul Bikes

I used this company to ship from Colorado to Miami. They even stored my bike until the Hurricane passed since they could not get there with the evacuations. No extra charge.
They ship mostly HD between dealers but they will pick up any bike. Drivers are all motorcyclists.

http://haulbikes.com/ship-motorcycle/

Also Used Haul Bikes

I used this company to ship from Colorado to Miami. They even stored my bike until the Hurricane passed since they could not get there with the evacuations. No extra charge.
They ship mostly HD between dealers but they will pick up any bike. Drivers are all motorcyclists.

http://haulbikes.com/ship-motorcycle/
I just sold a G650GS Sertao and shipped from MN to WA via Haul Bikes. Door to door delivery with zero issues. Once I rolled it to the back of the hauler they took ownership including $15,000 of insurance and off it went. Was delivered to the buyer in about 4 weeks.

Just shipped 3 bmw from SC to Phoenix

The bikes are on the way now- picked up Tuesday of last week. Scheduled delivery Feb 27th. We have a great deal 'riding' on this guy coming thru in his promises! This was a bikey only shipper we connected with on U-ship.

Once the deal is done I will be happy to re-post the info. Very interesting guy. Been at it some time. Former military, 30 ft enclosed trailer, nice dually, great personality...

Will advise tuesday.

The bikes are on the way now- picked up Tuesday of last week. Scheduled delivery Feb 27th. We have a great deal 'riding' on this guy coming thru in his promises! This was a bikey only shipper we connected with on U-ship.

Once the deal is done I will be happy to re-post the info. Very interesting guy. Been at it some time. Former military, 30 ft enclosed trailer, nice dually, great personality...

Will advise tuesday.

That would be great!
OM

Will advise tuesday.

Staying tuned for the update!

I've just scheduled pickup with haulbikes for FL to SoCal. Best price I got from comparison shopping and with the added recommendations of the group here.

shipping update

pre-delivery update:

Driver confirmed with us today that he will be delivering the bikes - (a 2007 RT, a 2009 K-GT and a 2004 K-GT) tomorrow per agreed upon schedule.

Incidentally, he did tell us earlier that he was headed to CA after Phoenix so he does get all the way around the country including the upper midwest - MN and IL which he said a lot of shippers wont go to.

Will update tomorrow!

HF

Successful shipment and recommendation

Bikes were delivered to dealership GoAz BMW in Scottsdale earlier today as expected.

Shipper was Gregory Kufchak, hope I'm not violating and rules here but im sure he will appreciate rhe reference. His number is 760-445-2494. I don't have the name of his company handy. We paid about $600 per bike from Hilton Head, SC to Scottsdale, AZ in an enclosed trailer.

We will call on Greg again.

Follow up thread...

Hello All:

Since I started this thread, I thought that I would continue on with my tale. I did choose a company, and my contract was for delivery of the RT by tomorrow 3/9/18. The bike was picked up from a dealer in Texas on 2/15/8. I live in the far NorthEastern corner of California. At this point, I doubt if the vendor will make good on this claim. Several voice mails and emails to them have gone unanswered. I am hoping for delivery next week. I will keep you readers posted. Obviously at this point, I am planning on further actions to share my experience and to advise riders if this company is thumbs up đź‘Ť or thumbs down.đź‘Ž

Hello All:

Since I started this thread, I thought that I would continue on with my tale. I did choose a company, and my contract was for delivery of the RT by tomorrow 3/9/18. The bike was picked up from a dealer in Texas on 2/15/8. I live in the far NorthEastern corner of California. At this point, I doubt if the vendor will make good on this claim. Several voice mails and emails to them have gone unanswered. I am hoping for delivery next week. I will keep you readers posted. Obviously at this point, I am planning on further actions to share my experience and to advise riders if this company is thumbs up đź‘Ť or thumbs down.đź‘Ž

Argggh. I feel your pain. Never good to have the calls and emails ghosted like that. Fingers crossed for you lasnin. Good luck.

Hello All:

Did I miss which company you choose?

Call Jim @ (260) 804-6695.

Customer Feedback page > http://www.trulyvintagetrailers.citymax.com/trulyvintage-feedback.html
H.A.M.B. feedback page > https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...rect-with-respect-every-day-since-2008.35424/

attachment.php

attachment.php

Kufchak Motorcycle Transport

I just used Greg Kufchak. Navy vet based near Houston, TX, he runs his own show and drives a "dually" pulling an enormous enclosed trailer. Greg responded immediately to my email and later, texts, picked up my K1300S in Phoenix, AZ from the seller (who he coordinated with) and delivered it the following day in Las Cruces, NM in perfect condition for a very reasonable rate. He communicated throughout the transport, updating his ETA twice even though it never varied by more than a couple of hours. I would use his services again without reservation. You can call or text him at (760)445-2494. Website is: kmtransport.weebly.com

My thanks to member Howard Feldman who recommended Greg on this thread.

Thread closure... the good, the bad, and the ugly..

So, since I started this thread, I felt that the readers deserved closure. The good, my 2016 R1200RT arrived this past Tuesday, 3/13/18. The bike arrived safely, it’s beautiful, <6K miles! Hats off to the dealership BMW Woodlands, Texas. They are great friendly folks who made it too easy to buy this bike. Thanks to Josh, Mike, and Ian! The bad and the ugly were that I chose Motorcycle Shippers/JC Motors 800-730-3151 as the shipper. This bike was picked up 2/15 and sat in Dallas until last week. Several voice mail messages and email messages went unanswered. Their website allows the client to enter a contract number to see where the
bike is currently located. Somewhat helpful, but not real time. I chose this shipper since they are prominently advertised here on the BMW MOA under “Memebership, Member Discouts. Perhaps after my experience, BMW MOA way want to reconsider the promotion of this group...just saying. I can’t really say that I would recommend them.

However, now I have a beautiful blue R1200RT to fall in love with and to begin the pimping out process. Now only if it would stop snowing here!!! If you see a blue RT this season in NorthEastern California or in Southeastern Oregon, that could be me!!

Back