• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena Bluetooth

strataj

Has anyone connected the Alpine Bluetooth to a Sena (I just got a 20S Evo) along with a Radar detector using a Bluetooth dongle? Does it work and do you have any control of the detector sound? Can you mute it when receiving false alarms and continue listening to the bikes audio system? Or I'm I better off installing a SM10 on the bike? All ideas are welcome.

Jay

Check out this website. http://www.rka-luggage.com/A46 SENA/Video Instructional Page.html

There are lots of videos on how to pair your Sena 20 evo. For my Valentine 1 radar detector I use a SR10 instead of the SM10. Without the RKA videos I wouldn't be able to figure out how to make all the electronic bluetooth gadgets talk to each other. I hope this helps.

Thanks rydalch I'll check out the videos!

A bud that is into all this stuff and uses an SR10 tell me it's not good for stereo. I went to the Sena site and found this "SR10 only supports HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Bluetooth connection with a Bluetooth headset. HFP is a typical and standard Bluetooth headset connection which can only transmit mono audio. If a stereo audio device like a music player is connected to the SR10, audio quality will be diminished to mono audio. Thus, connecting a stereo audio device to the SR10 is not recommended."

Look forward reviewing the videos

Jay

Jay, you're correct about the Sena SR10. They were originally designed for use with 2-way radios, etc., and therefore didn't require stereo output. I have one and they work great for their intended purpose.

For stereo simply use their SM10. Check it out to see if it will provide what you are looking for.

You may also need to add a ground isolation loop ($15, get one at any car stereo installation place) to eliminate noise through the SR/SM 10. When I first connected mine w/o the isolation the unit generated noise which then dominated the headset.

Ski

You may also need to add a ground isolation loop ($15, get one at any car stereo installation place) to eliminate noise through the SR/SM 10. When I first connected mine w/o the isolation the unit generated noise which then dominated the headset.

Ski

Ski, what are you running through the SM10/SR10? Did you tap into the Alpine radio speaker wires, then direct to SM10/SR10 audio input? I have a Motochello https://tinyurl.com/y9vwhbg3 I plan on connecting to an SM10 along with a Valentine 1 to the SM10 aux input.

Thanks,
Jay

Ski, what are you running through the SM10/SR10? Did you tap into the Alpine radio speaker wires, then direct to SM10/SR10 audio input? I have a Motochello https://tinyurl.com/y9vwhbg3 I plan on connecting to an SM10 along with a Valentine 1 to the SM10 aux input.

Thanks,
Jay

Jay,

I connected my Radar Detector headphone output to the SR10 input and paired the SR10 to the 20S. One of the main reasons I used the SR10 was so that I could prioritize the Radar Detector over any of the other sound sources.

Ski

Back