• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm baaaack.....

1kday

Been off two wheels for 27 years. My last bike, a '78 R100RS was taken out by a Volvo on the 101 just West of Ventura, CA. A bad wife and a couple of kids later, I've bought an "adrenaline" bike, a Ducati ST4S, red of course, and am searching for a quasi practical touring bike that isn't quite as high strung. Being single again means that I can have two bikes if I want, especially if they are old and cheap. The sappy part of me wants an R1150RS to continue the lineage, but I need more fairing than that, so an older K1200RS is winning that battle. Going to try to do some haggling on one next week, see what happens.

Former member of the Santa Barbara Riders during my time in CA. Was out there for a couple of years, '90-91. Used to hang out with my "brother from another mother", Jim Sipple at the Rock Store on weekends, him riding "Old Blue", his R80/5 with the Rabid Transit fairing. Really sucked when he moved back to Chicago. Prior to that, I lived in KC and traveled frequently to St. Louis, visiting the old Chesterfield office, buying some back issues, and on occasion bringing treats. The MOA has always been a good community.

My moniker comes from the license plate on that RS in CA. 1000 mile day. Actually rode from KC to Camarillo, CA with a few detours (Trail Ridge among them) in just under 48 hours, with two nights of sleep. Day two was just over 1000 miles. Did another 1000 on my old 750 Honda as well, with many 600-800 mile days. Did it well back then, but now I'm a "grown up" so there won't be that much fun. All in all, about 65,000 miles or so of riding before my forced retirement.

Kudos to Ray who even gave me my old member number back.

Welcome back home! Thanks for your run down memory lane! :wave Show us a picture when the deed happens!

Back