• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Why Does EVERYTHING Have To Be Difficult?

shortythorne

shortythorne
I recently posted a thread requesting info & opinions on Motoreflective decals. As always, members who were familiar with the product gave me the info I asked for with all good things to say about the company, who BTW advertises here on the forum. With that said, I ordered a kit for my Jesse bags. I noticed when I ordered, you can no longer call them, as you HAVE TO email them for EVERYTHING! Some may prefer this way of doing business, I do not. Anyway, I sent my order in & paid by PayPal, received an order confirmation for what I ordered, and received the package today. The only problem is, it included the instructions for the kit I ordered, but with the WRONG decals. #!@$!@#%$&^* So now I have to send them another email to try & get this straightened out. Can you not find anyone capable of reading an order and putting the correct item in an envelope anymore. This ain't rocket science, and I find it very annoying that "customer service" is now so impersonal. Wish I had just gone to the hardware store & bought some reflective tape. :banghead Rant over.

Sorry your order got messed up. Mine was perfect and I bet the vast majority of their orders are as well but unfortunately no one is perfect and mistakes do happen. It does suck when they happen to you but such is life.

I bet if you PM EffBee he will get it fixed for you.

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/member.php?57433-EffBee

Exactly what I've done! I am sure it will be taken care of. I know it is a small company, but a damn phone number would be good. They used to list one, but I can no longer find it. I am just sick of this way of doing business. In the scheme of things it is NOTHING, just really aggravated me.

Exactly what I've done! I am sure it will be taken care of. I know it is a small company, but a damn phone number would be good. They used to list one, but I can no longer find it. I am just sick of this way of doing business. In the scheme of things it is NOTHING, just really aggravated me.

I am exactly the opposite! I hate having to make a phone call for anything. If I can’t get it done via email or website I avoid it. Different strokes for different folks as they say.

No phone

Agree with Gail on this one, I see many advertisements with no phone number no address no town just a website. If you talk to a person on the phone the last thing you do is ask who you are talking to than you know where to start the blame game if things go wrong.

I know it is a small company, but a damn phone number would be good. .

Some of these small companies are a part time business, if that's the case with Motoreflective I would not expect them to be tied down to a phone for 40 hours a week.
I think email is a good option for a small business.

For me, unless the problem with the product is complicated to explain, I prefer to email.
I'm 62 and not a techy person.

This last week I received a product from a small company and a part was defective. I emailed at night and also on Sunday, not expecting a reply until the next day but both times they replied the same day.

I'm with you Gail. As a concerned member of the club, it pains me when one of our very own members has a problem with one of our venders. For the most part I've had good success , but then again, I've had some issues in the past with some vendors. Hope it's straightened out quickly. :)

Gail, it is your fault. Hang your head in shame and accept full responsibility for your mistake. You ordered on the World Wide Web and the World Wide Web does not make mistakes. Your mistake and subsequent failure to take responsibility has been noted and recorded on the...... World Wide Web. Tread carefully.

“It’s a tough time to be in retail”.
There are many changes to retail, I have found that for the most part the changes have improved delivery of shipments. There are also changes that I don’t understand such as seeing something on line (Ebay for example), and having a question. With a phone number, a call is made......a question is asked.......question is answered and I still have to use the “Ebay store” to make the purchase.
I purchase locally when I can. When I purchase without human interaction, I hope for the best.
When I purchase locally with human interaction, and a question is answered with a dumb look, I think “It’s a tough time to be in retail”.
OM

I usually never buy from anyone who doesn't list a phone number, period. I went ahead and ordered from Motoreflective 100% because they advertised here, everyone who was familiar with them gave them a :thumb, and I think their kits look nice. Maybe it is just my luck, as this is how most of my online encounters work out. I still haven't heard back after sending an email to the business, and a PM...the $$ transaction (which is nominal) seemed to work really fast, along with an email from the owner asking me to be sure and spread the word about his great business offer for motorcyclist :). I know this is hard to believe, but I have a short fuse and even though this will probably get resolved (maybe), you usually don't get a second chance. :bluduh

“It’s a tough time to be in retail”.

Absolutely. Amazon, WalMart, Google, et.al. are out to control the market for general merchandise. In the MC industry you’re seeing traffic that used to buy from local dealers now going to online retailers. And with the pullback that’s taking place in MC sales the online guys are struggling too—witness the recent bankruptcy filing by Tucker-Rocky.

I purchase locally when I can. When I purchase without human interaction, I hope for the best.
When I purchase locally with human interaction, and a question is answered with a dumb look, I think “It’s a tough time to be in retail”.
OM

Vendors are trying to steer you to no-interaction transacting. Lowe’s, Home Depot, your local grocery store all have installed self-checkout stations. And that clerk giving you the dumb look is likely part of that pool of uneducated, untrained, unskilled labor that all of us are going to have to contend with now and in the future. They are a precursor to this: https://ideas.ted.com/the-rise-of-the-useless-class/.
Unfortunately...
:(
Best,
DG

Customer service........Two words describe what you should demand!!! It's your money, time, and energy that is buying that product and if the clowns don't want to give me, the customer, the service that I expect, WHAT'S WRONG WITH LETTING THEM KNOW IT. If that means standing at the cash register as one is checking out and telling the whole store how happy or unhappy you are with the "service" you got from so and so, then that is part of laying your money down on that counter, or not, and walking out the door.
Same thing goes on here. What is the problem with advising others on here about the "service", both positive and negative that one gets. Why be so embarrassed to tell others about what goes on?????..................For me, getting the manager of the Customer Service operator on the line and advising them about the first rate service you just got surely does make the operator and the manager's day.......Try it. It kind of evens out with the good and bad; but why not just come out and tell about your feelings. What does it hurt????.......God bless......Dennis

Agree with the OP.

What drives me even more berserk is attempting to order through email or some special form and then waiting for payment instructions. I'm literally TRYING to give you money, why are you making this hard for me!!!

It's easy to hide behind the "hal 2000" &cheaper too. Being of a certain age & occassionaly trembling I hands (nerve damage) I much prefer talking to a human , also if I'm contributing to giving someone a job all the better ! Also lve had a few theft issues on the inter-web . one in particular was trying to buy parts , went through the whole ordering bs . When I clicked on "buy now" screen changed to an "herbal" supply page telling me no electronic receipt generated but my order went through!!two days of phone calls to cc bank & PayPal stopped the fraud .Then I get an angry e-mail from original vendor wanting to know why he's charged by bank & PayPal ! He also claimed he closed his doors months ago ! Soooo why is the website up? No reply. Took 90 days to sift the fly **** out of the pepper w/ bank&PayPal!😾

Gail, we haven't had an update since the weekend you reported the error. Has MotoReflective corrected the mistake?

Back