• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Camping at the rally?

The info from the FAQs on the main website ( http://www.bmwmoa.org/page/rallyfaq ) say the following:

I signed up for a Thursday morning off road class, so I will have to show up on Wednesday (I live about 5 hours away). I’m expecting to get in late Wednesday. I certainly don’t mind helping with set up, but I can’t commit to arriving at a certain time. If I just show up on Wednesday, set up a tent and then go see who needs help setting up would that be a reasonable and acceptable plan?

And is there a reason why? Scanning a JPG shouldn't be all that hard.

I thought you wanted a map showing how the MOA was going to use the different buildings.

For a map of the fairgrounds you can use Google.
Click on Larger View and scroll around the map.

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m12!1m3!1d5268.14780662026!2d-93.54800170676063!3d41.59606170997023!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!5e1!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1528461168314" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These are a few I have heard mentioned. This is not official because changes may be made for one reason or another.

Registration is in the Elwell Family Food Center

Vendors and seminars are in the William C Knapp Varied Industries Building

Beer Garden in the Paul Knapp Animal Learning Center

Bands are across the street at the Susan Knapp Amphitheater

Some of the indoor class time for rider training is in the Richard Jacobson Exhibition Center

Closing Ceremonies in the Richard Jacobson Exhibition Center

You can see the RV camping area east of the main fairgrounds area.

Last edited:
I signed up for a Thursday morning off road class, so I will have to show up on Wednesday (I live about 5 hours away). I’m expecting to get in late Wednesday. I certainly don’t mind helping with set up, but I can’t commit to arriving at a certain time. If I just show up on Wednesday, set up a tent and then go see who needs help setting up would that be a reasonable and acceptable plan?

Yes Irish, from my reading of procedures/plan and past experience, from sometime midday Wednesday arriving parties will be directed to
Registration FIRST. Then, after your comfortable with your own tent-pitch/kit ... go see the Volunteer Staff area.
Know that if it's late afternoon/evening; all "set-up" tasks may have been accomplished.
That's actually the objective by then!
See my post#32 above, and the Thread "Rally Concerns".
You sir, fit "between the lines" as someone who needs to be there...
I'll use the term "early"... but not really!
The Shower Trailer may or may not be open...
but the Beer Garden will and our Ambassador's will be celebrating!

"travel'n" john

Back