• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

08 R1200RT, Bad ABS, how to remove it

bmwdonR90

OK, my GS911 gives me fault codes
INTEGRAL ABS-2-CAN
24048 Pump Defective
24049 Power supply to pump motor faulty

I'm not one to run to the dealer, have always been able to handle most issues
Im in process of removing the unit, have elec/lines disconnected, all mounting bolts removed, unit is loose:
however problem is like trying to get a 50 cent pc out of a dime sizes hole
I found a u tube showing removal from a GS, but looks like the surrounding area is different from my RT

any one have experience in this??

BMWDon
o8 RT (with no abs)
03 GS650 Dakar
91 K1
76 R90/6

Yes, it is very tight working quarters. The most common mode of failure is that the motor brushes lose contact. Before you remove the unit, try tapping the motor several times with a small hammer (I said TAP). This will allow the brush springs to realign the brushes. Worked for me and I rode for another 20k miles trouble free.

There is a shop in Idaho that will rebuild it for you.

The ModuleMaster Team
Module Master / Circuit Solutions
www.modulemaster.com
2006 S Main
Moscow, ID 83843

thanks for input, wish I had asked more first!

I was able to finally wrestle it out, just had to take a break and "reboot" my attitude.

I called Module Master, and for $250.00 + shipping, and with a 5 day turn around, I sending it their way tomorrow.!

I have some concern that the other fault code said "power failure to module", but have no clue how to test that on the canbus system

Thanks for input.
Ill post results of the "rebuild" after I get it back on 2 wheels and the light stops flashing!

"Power failure to module" is the error that gets generated when the motor brushes have lost contact. Of course, it could get generated due to a different failure as well. Best of luck to you, but you should get back an ABS module as good (or better) than new!

Rebuilt ABS motor

I was able to finally wrestle it out, just had to take a break and "reboot" my attitude.

I called Module Master, and for $250.00 + shipping, and with a 5 day turn around, I sending it their way tomorrow.!

I have some concern that the other fault code said "power failure to module", but have no clue how to test that on the canbus system

Thanks for input.
Ill post results of the "rebuild" after I get it back on 2 wheels and the light stops flashing!

Hello, I just received my re-built ABS unit for my 07 r1200r last week. ModuleMasters did a great job, very impressed with their workmanship! I was having the same fault as you, sometimes my ABS fault light would reset after cooling overnight, but eventually the fault light stayed on. After install, I used the GS-911 to bleed the ABS pump, now all is working great. :dance

bleed using GS911 ?

Hello, I just received my re-built ABS unit for my 07 r1200r last week. ModuleMasters did a great job, very impressed with their workmanship! I was having the same fault as you, sometimes my ABS fault light would reset after cooling overnight, but eventually the fault light stayed on. After install, I used the GS-911 to bleed the ABS pump, now all is working great. :dance

How did you use the GS 911 to bleed?

GS 911 bleed brakes

Thanks Lee: I have the 911, use it for reset after oil change, sync and etc but not bleeding
Its nice to be around smart people!

ABS. Thanks to all who helped

Larry: Very beneficial input.
I have had the CD for maintenance since bike was new. Never needed the “service” part til now.
Bike has 80+ on it, been to AK 2 times, never failed me
I will order the service CD tonight.
Thanks again
Also learned another use for the GS 911 from Lee
Thanks to all !

Brake bleeding

How did you use the GS 911 to bleed?

Sorry for the late reply, the gs-911 cycles the ABS pump to bleed the air out of the front and rear circuits of the pump. you will still need to bleed the calipers as normal. hope this helps.