• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1300GT, is there any hardware to mount smartphone

joelstein1300

I have searched several websites starting with Revzilla. The shape of the bars on the K1300GT won't work with the usual hardware.
If anyone has found a method to mount the phone, please advise. Failing that, which small tank bag would you recommend.
Your help and time is greatly appreciated.
Joel

Welcome to the Forum Joel:wave

I'll watch what pops up for you and probably move this over to Wedge K's.

Two buds have phone mounts on their GT's and both post here occasionally. A RAM ball mount that straddles the brake lever mount comes to mind .

http://mountinginnovations.com/

Joel:

I would suggest that you re-post this in the Wedge - K Bike sub forum, and you should get more action.

Pop the roundel off the center of the bars and screw a ram ball into the hole. Cheap and easy.

Two buds have phone mounts on their GT's and both post here occasionally. A RAM ball mount that straddles the brake lever mount comes to mind.
I guess that would be me! I use a Techmount for my iPhone 4S and a SW-Mototech Evo City tank bag that still lets me see the GPS clearly. I had to buy the holder for the phone separate from the mount. The plate on the mount is removable and phone mount had a screw in it to separate it from the handle bar mount shown. You can see the mount in the picture with the tank bag. The phone is in a waterproof LifeProof case.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 102
  • phone mount.jpg
    phone mount.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 4S.jpg
    4S.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Pop the roundel off the center of the bars and screw a ram ball into the hole. Cheap and easy.

This approach is what I used on my K1600gtl and it was great. There’s a guy in England that makes a custom Ram ball fitting that’s a work of art. Before I would buy one I made my own with a Ram ball, custom length bolt, and large stainless steel washer to cover the hole, worked perfectly. I’ve attached the best picture I could find because I recently sold the K1600 because I’m riding the my R1200GSA all the time, loved my K bike though, just not enough room for two...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you

I guess that would be me! I use a Techmount for my iPhone 4S and a SW-Mototech Evo City tank bag that still lets me see the GPS clearly. I had to buy the holder for the phone separate from the mount. The plate on the mount is removable and phone mount had a screw in it to separate it from the handle bar mount shown. You can see the mount in the picture with the tank bag. The phone is in a waterproof LifeProof case.

Thank you very much for the information and pics.
One final question, what is the Techmount base atttached to on the bike?
Joel

One final question, what is the Techmount base atttached to on the bike?

Joel:

Techmount have a number of ways of mounting their stuff to different bikes. I have one on my R1200ST, right next to the left mirror, and the mount is just elegant. I would suggest you go with one of their sidemounts, so as to keep the instruments clear.

Here is their website:

https://www.techmounts.com/

Just go to the bike make drop box and find the stuff for your GT. Or you can Google Techmount K1300GT and you'll pull up a bunch of pages. One of the guys I ride with has a GT and his instrument panel looks like an aircraft cockpit, he's got so much stuff.

Joel:

Techmount have a number of ways of mounting their stuff to different bikes. I have one on my R1200ST, right next to the left mirror, and the mount is just elegant. I would suggest you go with one of their sidemounts, so as to keep the instruments clear.

Here is their website:

https://www.techmounts.com/

Just go to the bike make drop box and find the stuff for your GT. Or you can Google Techmount K1300GT and you'll pull up a bunch of pages. One of the guys I ride with has a GT and his instrument panel looks like an aircraft cockpit, he's got so much stuff.

Thank you again.
Joe

Back