• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hyper Pro Shocks

roamingbeemer

roamingbeemer
My front shock blew and spewed oil everwhere. Guess it did not like the south Platte river road with lots of big holes the day before it blew. It was also 32 degree Fahrenheit when it blew. Abuse and cold weather!

I had never heard of them before but I am getting both stocks replaced with repairable Hyper Pro.

I can replace both for almost the same price as 1 OEM front shock. I have never seen anyone writing about these stocks before so I am posting the info.

I had a Hyper-Pro steering damper on a sport bike a few years ago. Worked well and seemed like a quality built piece. You'll be happy with your new suspension. :thumb

Other than the strange purple springs, they are fine. Are you getting them from EPM? One major determinant of satisfaction with shocks is how well they are tailored to you , your bike, and your riding style. I have bought a couple sets of shocks from EPM and Klaus Huenecke nailed the set-up the first time with both sets. I haven't had Hyper Pro before, but if Klaus is representing them, I would count on them being good.

I have no idea where they are coming from. They should arrive tomorrow to be installed.

Glad to read others have had good experiences with these shocks.

I have no idea where they are coming from. They should arrive tomorrow to be installed.

Glad to read others have had good experiences with these shocks.

When I have bought shocks from Ted Porter at BeemerShop or Klaus at EPM they asked a lot of questions like weight, riding skill level, passengers and loading, etc. and sent me a set of shocks that was perfectly configured for my application. Ted talked me into a lower priced set of shocks because he said from my riding style that I would not benefit from the advantages of the more expensive brand. I hope that someone wherever these are coming from did the same for you. Otherwise, there is a chance that you will be disappointed with the Hyper Pros when the real issue was the adaptation of them to your needs. It is like blaming a set of horrible shoes when the problem is that they don't fit your feet.

Yes they did ask about weight and how often I ride two up. The person ordering knows my riding style without asking much. My wife and I are pretty light weights.
I hope they work out. They seemed almost too cheap for a BMW but not complaining.
I should stick to paved roads with this bike after this (probably will not though).

I am still waiting for my shocks from Hyper Pro.

They were sent to the wrong address and now are being reshipped. I was starting to wonder what happens if they are lost with my ESA hardware.

But luckily they should show up next week finally.

I am still waiting for my shocks from Hyper Pro.

They were sent to the wrong address and now are being reshipped. I was starting to wonder what happens if they are lost with my ESA hardware.

But luckily they should show up next week finally.

Keep us posted. :thumb

I am still waiting for my shocks from Hyper Pro. They were sent to the wrong address and now are being reshipped. I was starting to wonder what happens if they are lost with my ESA hardware.
Did they take the ESA unit from the old shocks and put in on the new ones?

I just returned from riding in Mexico and I had time to finally get my K1300 with the new shocks. Rock solid feel so far in the few miles I rode it to get home.

The bike has 22000 miles to answer the above question.

Back