• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motoren Israel pistons

RPGR90s

Would anyone happen to know the ring end gap and land clearance specs for the Motoren Israel forged pistons? These kits come with the forged pistons, rings, pins and circlips.

I had a shop install these (bored 1st over) in a R90 and I'm doing a pushrod seal replacement.

Since I never checked them myself and the bike uses a little bit of oil, I figured now is the time to check them out. Heads will be gone through as well.

https://www.motoren-israel.com/Shop...0/6-90S-in-90-5-mm-1-Uebermass-2-St::558.html

Thanks,

RPGR90s

One would think they could tell you. They have a datasheet on the website, but it's empty. Doesn't sound that helpful. :dunno

Wossner pistons

One would think they could tell you. They have a datasheet on the website, but it's empty. Doesn't sound that helpful. :dunno

I believe these are manufactured by Wossner.

I did some measuring and see rings gaps as follows:

Top: .011"
Middle: .015"
Oil Control rings, top and bottom: .022"

I had the cylinders bored 1st over (.020"). These pistons measure 3.5610" at the skirts. Cylinders measure 3.5620 with no ovality and almost zero taper (< .0005"). So if my math is correct, piston to cylinder clearance is around .001", which I believe is in spec.

I'm having Randy Long do the heads and he notes that the guides and seats are worn, so I'm hoping that addresses the oil consumption.

RPG

Back