• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Blizzard of ‘78

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
For those of you here in the Northeast, CBS channel 4 out of Boston is having a special program.
The program airs at 8:30 am with a repeat on TV 38 Monday night at 8:30.

As a veteran of this event, I was able to see time almost stand still. It seemed that almost instantly everyone realized that the were all in this together. When I turned down a street on the shovel-dozer I spent 2 weeks on, residents left their house and approached like I was a conquering hero.
Weather reporting was more “spotters and bouy” info and nothing like we have today.
I hope they do a good job with this as it was a big deal.
If it becomes a YouTube piece, I will link it in.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ 🚜
Gary

as another veteran of that event, i hope they post it somewhere for those of us the are not in Southern New England anymore to see.

Another veteran of the snow-pocalypse event here...snowed in at the Ramada Inn in Ft. Wayne, IN for 5 days. Three other folks from my company were also there, so when we realized we weren't working that day, we started playing spades, which continued for 10 hours straight...lol. At that point, we decided to go check out the action in the bar. Well, if you can imagine a bar full of ladies and gents who had been drinking virtually all day...it was quite the scene. Human nature at it's most basic...

For those of you here in the Northeast, CBS channel 4 out of Boston is having a special program.
The program airs at 8:30 am with a repeat on TV 38 Monday night at 8:30.

As a veteran of this event, I was able to see time almost stand still. It seemed that almost instantly everyone realized that the were all in this together. When I turned down a street on the shovel-dozer I spent 2 weeks on, residents left their house and approached like I was a conquering hero.
Weather reporting was more “spotters and bouy” info and nothing like we have today.
I hope they do a good job with this as it was a big deal.
If it becomes a YouTube piece, I will link it in.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ ��
Gary

We lived in Derry NH at the time. I was like 12 remember that storm well. We were out of school for a week. Snowbank so high it was up to the street light. Next year...In September...I got my 1st Motorcycle. 1979 yz 80.

We lived in Derry NH at the time. I was like 12 remember that storm well. We were out of school for a week. Snowbank so high it was up to the street light. Next year...In September...I got my 1st Motorcycle. 1979 yz 80.
Memories. Shelby Scott era. I drove home during the storm from Methuen to Revere in my AMC Gremlin. Lived 2 streets from Revere beach and spent many days walking the beach with no cars until the national guard brought in heavy equipment to clear the roads.

Lived in the hills of Fitchburg, junior in high school, bought my 1975 Norton the end of 1979. Still have the bike. And yes snow banks to the street lights. Made enough money shoveling to afford the bike.

Back