• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'83 R80RT carb sync

The port is under the front and next to the mixture screw. I just found this pic on the web.
vacuum14031703.jpg

Vacuum Port

You can buy a kit from Bing to install vacuum ports on the outside SIDE of the carb body, like 20774, above. Make it much easier. To connect a carb balanced hose, and much, much easier to reinstall the screw and fiber washer when you are done. No more lying on my back, burning my fingers on the carb body trying to get the screw started. Especially on one side, where the port is port is inboard the mixture screw.

Now I’m much more motivated to balance the carbs. I can get to the vacuum ports! Available from Bing. Easy to install, although carb removal is advised/necessary. A one hour job, including beer breaks.

PAS shows correct photo ... there will be rubber tubing connected to these that disappears into a notch under the engine top cover to then connect to a tee and then to the diaphragms in the airbox that run your air injection. This system does not have to be operational for carb synching.

PAS shows correct photo ... there will be rubber tubing connected to these that disappears into a notch under the engine top cover to then connect to a tee and then to the diaphragms in the airbox that run your air injection. This system does not have to be operational for carb synching.

OR they may be capped off with a screw or rubber vacuum caps (like mine are)

Back