• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

OLD Denfeld passenger solo, but which one... ?

lmo1131

Posting for a friend. I'm not familiar with this saddle. Is anyone else?

Clearly marked "Denfeld", lines are more angular, sides are flat.

DSC_0098.jpg

Four brackets (two on each side) appear to be part of the mounting system.
DSC_0099.jpg

Lew -

It appears to be a rear pillion passenger seat with the handle. But I'm thinking it's not for a BMW. I'm sure Denfeld made seats for multiple manufacturers. For BMW, I've only seen two types of mounts...one that has a curved base which actually fits onto the fender; the other would have a flatter underside with 3-4 fasteners around the edges to mount to a fender rack. This Denfeld almost seems like it fits onto a square channel or something. Maybe for Dnepr or Ural...possibly a Chang Jiang? I've not been around many R75s from WWII...maybe it fits onto one of those?

Ooooo! Lookie what I found.

https://www.ebay.at/itm/DENFELD-Uni...Garagenfund-/192434129120?hash=item2ccdf7c8e0

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

I can't understand German but here's what I think based on seeing old stuff like this before. The seat is definitely pre-war. If you will notice, the side mounting bolts have a sort of "C" shaped piece that moves in and out horizontally on the threaded bolts. Now picture a mid 30s bike with a tubular rack over the back fender. So my guess is that you place the seat over the rack and tighten the bolts so that the "C" sections move outward and come in contact with the inner side of the tubular rack and thus, lock the seat in place.
Of course, I have been wrong before!

Back