• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

speaking of shocks...

Anyone have experience lowering a bike with shorter shocks?
I have a 01 R11RT and short legs! The bike has 13K, I've only put 4K on it. I'm thinking about either lowering it or getting one of those kits to "move" the pegs....

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Works Performance makes lower shocks for the RT, but I have heard that you will also need to shorten the sidestand and centerstand. see page 12 of the BMWON, August issue, or go to www.worksperformance.com

You might also consider a lower seat - I have the Sargent low seat and it is much better than the stock saddle.

Thanks....
I checked out Sargent's web site....

Looks like the lower seat is around $620 which might be less expensive and easier to deal with then the shock.

Feedback that I've read indicates the seat is very comfortable as well.

Looks like a better alternative then the shock...less expensive, better comfort and easier to deal with.

I'll give them a call Monday:)

Thanks again!

We've got two Sargent seats at our house. One on the VFR and one we put on the RS. They're fantastic. Cushy and shaped like a real human posterior.

When I ordered the seat for the VFR, they told me what day it would be built on, when it would get shipped and when it would arrive at my house. It arrived a day early.

If you talk to the nice folks at Sargent, they may be willing to make the nose narrower so you can get your legs down.

Great folks, great product.

Great idea....

I guess they can make all kids of adjustments while they put a new seat together....

Do remember what their turnaround time was? There are some "east coast" rally's coming up that I'd like to get to as I extend my travel distance..

By the way.......I enjoy your posts.....makes for some fun and enlightening reading! As this is my first BMW, I've learned quite a bit just checkin' out the different forums.

Thanks.........

Back