• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway - Jay, Vermont -- September 14-16, 2018

It's a lovely time to visit Vermont! In addition to the paved loops, we'll have two fantastic dual sport routes in gpx format. No hero sections, just pleasant loops through a part of the Northeast Kingdom few visitors ever see. Hope to see you there!

Pete and Glenlivet

7.jpg

10.jpg

1.jpg

It's now late August and we're starting to see a bit of color at the higher elevations. I'll try to slow down long enough to catch some images of it, but in the meantime here are some more teasers.

4.jpg
2.jpg
11.jpg
17.jpg

Can't wait!

Can't wait for Vermont! Love following your sidecar adventures on your website as well! Will there be GPX files available online before that weekend?

Can't wait for Vermont! Love following your sidecar adventures on your website as well! Will there be GPX files available online before that weekend?

Not sure on that. I've been sending them to the organizer, but have not heard how they'll be shared. We've had a bit of rain, so he might be waiting for me to ride the routes just before the getaway to ensure the dirt roads are still in decent shape.

Pete

It you are coming up Route 100 the last 1.5 miles into Stowe has been torn out completely down to dirt with the roadbed being rebuilt to handle the level of traffic that tourist town brings in. All the work is done at night, so no delays, but the one inch stone they are using can be pretty dicey on a street bike till mid-morning when the traffic has beaten it down a bit. I'd suggest keeping your distance from the car in front - and staying in the righthand tire tracks - to avoid the occasional stones thrown up by cars. Locals have reported a large number of broken headlights and windshields. If you are not comfortable riding on gravel I'd suggest following the Hwy 108 detour (Moscow Rd to Barrows Rd to Luce Hill Rd to 108) and either entering Stowe from that direction or skipping Stowe and taking the detour up and over Smugglers' Notch.

40.jpg
41.jpg
43.jpg

Really looking forward to this Getaway in a few days. Just up the road from our home in southern, NH but a much needed break for the wife and I!

Great time at Jay VT!

This was a great event! It was our second time attending and the resort was beautiful, the roads were good without a lot of traffic, and everyone was very friendly. Thanks to all who organized and worked through the problems to put on this getaway, see you next year!IMG_1503.jpg

Thanks for the great event! We thoroughly enjoyed the roads and the people.

Hope that parked Yellow GS that got knocked over on Saturday night was ok, it looked pretty well protected with the bars and the cover. I also heard a 1600 got hit parked. The hotel staff next year really needs to barricade off a section for the bikes to keep the cars (and plastered wedding attendees) away from the bikes.

To all who joined us at the fire pit on Saturday night, thanks for a great time and fun chat!

Cheers
Tim & Denise

Great time!

This was my first MOA event and I had a great time. Thank you to the organizers.

Attachments

• 9A176225-3261-4106-9871-1D6BDDD129D8.jpg
    9A176225-3261-4106-9871-1D6BDDD129D8.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 48
Back