• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway - Copper Mountain, Colorado -- August 24-26, 2018

Who's going?

Anyone else registered for the Copper Mt MOA Getaway?

We will be in the CO area for our vacation and saw the MOA Getaway so altered our plans slightly to fit this Getaway in, always fun to meet new BMW members.

Randy & Rina
Calgary AB Canada

When I click on the Lodging link I get a page with 20 different lodges.

I tried the link and it would only return to the “lodging” section of the event webpage, with the phone number of the lodge listed as the contact point. Based upon my past experience with the lodge, if you book a room there be sure to ask specific questions about the room, accommodations, and business details like check-in times and front desk hours. We had an “interesting” experience there at another event several years ago, hosted by a different organization not nearly as adept at event hosting as MOA.

Best,
DG

Since I have already booked a room I can hopefully help with this, as you mentioned the link takes you to a number of different hotels as options, not helpful or do you know which hotel to choose for the event.

What I had to do is call the hotel contact number listed and mention the MOA BMW Getaway. They will then tell you the accommodation type and the special rate as listed. The event should list you as a Gold status room type and they stated we will be put in 1 of 3 buildings, each has it own name but I can not remember what they were called, though all are suppose to be within walking distance of the main center? They do this apparently to leave the hotel options based on occupancy at the time of arrival. So it appears there is not a single hotel building the event will be held in?

I did call the MOA office and mention this several weeks ago and stated that it will likely cause confusion when people go to book the hotel, but nothing seems to have been updated on the registration site to clarify this.

I hope this helps.

Randy
Calgary, AB
Canada

Is there an estimated attendance to this event? Just booked my accommodations and this will be my first BMW (actually first motorbike) event. Just wanted to get an idea of how many others will be there...

Great Time at the Copper Mountain Getaway event....rooms deserve a WOW for the price

I just got back to Michigan after attending the Copper Mountain Getaway event in Colorado. It was the first time for me to spend riding in the mountains and it was really GREAT! We don't have those type of twisty roads or up and downs in Michigan. I must admit the only limiting factor on my 2017 RT in handling the twist and turns was me. I never came close to challenging the bike's abilities, which was fine with me. The rooms were really condo units with lots of space, full kitchens, and a separate room for the bed. Then again, I did not spend much time in then as I was out and riding a lot. I was provided with about 5 pre-flight maps outlining different rides to take from the Getaway sites. I believe the person who built these was named Eric. Great job! The friendliness of the people I met throughout the event was very good. My dinner companions, Chuck & Catalina, Robert & Mary, Robert (school teacher) were amazing people with good stories to tell that had all of us laughing (most were not about riding). The team that organized and led the event during the group dinners did an outstanding job, except for one item. They failed to call my name for the gift certificate for the Continental Tires. I am willing to give them another chance next year.

:dance

Back