• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway - Fontana, North Carolina -- April 20-22, 2018

A little help

My first event, got my room booked and paid. Just went to register and its sold out.....Will a phone call Monday morning to MOA help any?

Thanks

My first event, got my room booked and paid. Just went to register and its sold out.....Will a phone call Monday morning to MOA help any?

Thanks

Yes, please call the office. I’m not sure to what degree you can be accommodated, (swag bag tee shirt and food orders may have had a suspense date for contract) but do not be deterred, call the office they will do what they can to help you.

Yes, please call the office. I’m not sure to what degree you can be accommodated, (swag bag tee shirt and food orders may have had a suspense date for contract) but do not be deterred, call the office they will do what they can to help you.

Thanks, I will call first thing tomorrow.

Looking Forward to Another Year at Fontana!

IMG_4267.PNG

So far, so good! This looks like good riding weather to me!

Look for more information about a trip to the Underground Sea!

Ride Safe all,

Brian

Nearby

Hopefully the rockslide on HWY 28 nearby will be cleared by then they are working up to 24 hours a day on it.

Dave,

We are up in Mooresville - not that far away. What rock slide are you referring to? (I just saw the rock slide info...thanks for posting up!)

Brian

I just got the last room

I just reserved the last room at the event hotel site and later saw that this Getaway is sold out. If anyone can't make it, let me know otherwise I may have to cancel the room.

I just reserved the last room at the event hotel site and later saw that this Getaway is sold out. If anyone can't make it, let me know otherwise I may have to cancel the room.

I may have mentioned this earlier, but I encourage MOA members that couldn’t register to come anyway. The riding and camaraderie will still be there. Registration in the event gets you a swag bag door prizes if you are lucky, and two meals. As I have suggested to others who couldn’t make the registration cut off, eat at the onsite restaurant, we have a cash bar with our meals in the evening, buy your adult beverage of choice and pull up a chair; lies and war stories are free.

I can help you register for the event. Call me on Monday, 205-821-7205.

Ted

Dave,

We are up in Mooresville - not that far away. What rock slide are you referring to? (I just saw the rock slide info...thanks for posting up!)

Brian
The rock slide was near the Fontana Getaway & I haven't heard anything about it lately.

North Carolina Travel Information System (TIMS)

If this might be helpful to those heading to Fontana, I found an official North Carolina website which shows real-time road information. Here's the URL: http://tims.ncdot.gov/tims/default.aspx

Looks like no issues with NC-28. US-129 seems to be down to one lane pretty far south of the Fontana area.

First time to attend; Southbound from OH, cage or RT TBD

Anyone else southbound from OH-IN-PA area to Fontana?
My first time to a BMW event, even though I've logged 25,000 miles on the 2016 RT.
Wrenched my wrist and thumb, may have to cage it....TBD.

Last edited:
First timer!

I may have mentioned this earlier, but I encourage MOA members that couldn’t register to come anyway. The riding and camaraderie will still be there. Registration in the event gets you a swag bag door prizes if you are lucky, and two meals. As I have suggested to others who couldn’t make the registration cut off, eat at the onsite restaurant, we have a cash bar with our meals in the evening, buy your adult beverage of choice and pull up a chair; lies and war stories are free.

I have a room at Two wheel inn but I`m only there Fri/Sat...how/when/where at Fontana resort do I go to join in on the activities/rides/etc.?

Back