Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Tuk

Registered User TravellingTartar's Avatar

Thanks Tuk

Dear fellow MOA riders. This spring I'll be riding my GS up to Tuktoyaktuk on the new portion of the Dempster Highway. In collaboration with the Tuktoyaktuk Office of Economic Development, I've come up with a campaign to help raise funds for them. I invite you to check out the details at http://gofundme.com/thankstuk. I hope that you can support it or help spread the word. We all want to go up there, they want us there, but we have to help them to face the likely hordes of new visitors. Thanks Tuk for having us and thanks to all of you for your potential support. Cemil (Jim) Alyanak - #37395

Made it to Tuk sticker - 480.png

Cool 100 Days!!!

Just did the math, I leave for Tuk in exactly 100 days! Wow! In the meantime, I would be so grateful if you can support the Thanks Tuk campaign at http://gofundme.com/thankstuk

Thanks for taking the initiative to do that. I'm in. 73 de K4LAD
    Lee A. Dickinson - Danielsville, GA USA
    MOA 80364 | RA 29650 | ABC 3480 | IBA 8914
    1976 R75/6 - 1992 R100RS - 1993 K1100RS - 2013 R1200GS

Thanks Lee

Quote Originally Posted by beemerphile View Post
    Thanks for taking the initiative to do that. I'm in. 73 de K4LAD
    Hey Lee, thank you thank you for your generous donation!! By the way, a ride from Georgia to Tuk is in your future... I can see it clearly!!! 73 de K3MRI.

Quote Originally Posted by TravellingTartar View Post
    Hey Lee, thank you thank you for your generous donation!! By the way, a ride from Georgia to Tuk is in your future... I can see it clearly!!! 73 de K3MRI.
    I've been to Inuvik. I'd love to go.

DSC00190-S.jpg

BTW, HF from Tuk? E-M-E?
    Last edited by beemerphile; 01-20-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beemerphile View Post
    I've been to Inuvik. I'd love to go.

DSC00190-S.jpg

BTW, HF from Tuk? E-M-E?
    EME would be fun indeed. Hadn't thought of it. I'll think about it. Definitely HF though, likely on 20M, maybe 40M. I doubt anything above that will be open but I can always dream. Hey, as far as going up with me, I think a few people might join up with me in Dawson City around third week of May and then, weather permitting, head up slowly and wait it out right by the Ferry and then dart up to be among the first to make it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by TravellingTartar View Post
    ... I think a few people might join up with me in Dawson City around third week of May and then, weather permitting, head up slowly and wait it out right by the Ferry and then dart up to be among the first to make it up!!
    Now that has the making of either an adventure or a disaster. But then, sometimes an adventure is just a disaster fondly remembered.

Smile Thank You

First fundraising weekend done. $700 raised, a long ways to go. Thank you to the MOA Members who have supported us so far. I hope more will follow.

I will be going to Tuk in June. Most likely I will be solo unless I jet more response to my post https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-to-the-arctic

Quote Originally Posted by easybiker View Post
    I will be going to Tuk in June. Most likely I will be solo unless I jet more response to my post https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-to-the-arctic
    Hi. Replied on your thread. Hope to cross paths.

Cool Arctic Ocean

For those thinking of going to Tuk someday, thought I would post a picture by Deborah Raddi. Quite the shot!

Arctic Ocean Sign.jpg

Smile

This was me on my way up the Alaska Highway in 2015.

Can't wait for the 2018 run ALL THE WAY up to Tuk! My GSA looks at me every day asking: "Can we just leave now!" And this time I'll have a nice reward at the end of the run... an I Made it to Tuk sticker. Thanks to all who have been donating to the Thanks Tuk campaign!!

Talking Good news!

I have some good news to share...

Happy

HAPPY!!! The first batch of I MADE IT TO TUK stickers, several thousand, are now IN TUKTOYAKTUK!! They have arrived! Annie has told me how pleased they are with them. They will be going on sale shortly. She has promised me that she would be the very first client!! Annie and I are going to talk tomorrow about what else we can do together for Tuk. Maybe patches? Reflective stickers? We'll see... In any case, THANK YOU to all who have contributed and please, if you still believe in this project, share it with others. We'd like to keep going and give Tuk that little bit of extra help. Really very happy right now!! For those who have not yet donated, if you'd like to, gofundme.com/thankstuk

Annie with Stickers.jpg

Hey Cemil, only a month 'til we're in DC!
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend