• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway Eureka Springs

JOHNHOF

JOHNAHOF
Can someone point me to a site with details about this event. I have not been and would like to know more about what goes on so I can decide if this ride is for us.
Thank you,
John

Welcome to the Forum:wave

All I found listed was off the Home page:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/event/eurekasprings18

And this one under MOA Getaways in the forum from last years:
https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?88099-MOA-Getaway-Eureka-Springs-Arkansas-August-18-20-2017

Typically, the Getaways are a hotel based smaller event. A meet and greet on Friday, a dinner on Saturday and possibly some group rides or maps for independent rides.
Eureka Springs is a nice locale shared by many different groups of motorcyclists, especially on weekends. There are some close by attractions and definitely some engaging rides through the Ozarks.

Closer to the events a lot more info is typically added and some local intel.

Anything in particular you are needing to know?

edit: look at bottom of page for similar threads...I keep forgetting we have that now:thumb
Also, take a minute to fill out your profile...let us know where you call home.

Last edited:
henzilla,

Your thread was helpful and the similar threads at the bottom of page is a fantastic idea.

I am interested in the general mood of these events.

I live just West of St. Louis and a trip to Eureka Springs would be a nice short ride. I have heard the area is great for riding and has lots of fun stuff.

Thank you for your help.

henzilla,

Your thread was helpful and the similar threads at the bottom of page is a fantastic idea.

I am interested in the general mood of these events.

I live just West of St. Louis and a trip to Eureka Springs would be a nice short ride. I have heard the area is great for riding and has lots of fun stuff.

Thank you for your help.

If you get the Butler maps (or the REVER online maps with the Butler overlay) you'll find that you can make the trip to Eureka Springs as long as you want. Lots of turns and "gold roads" between St. Louis and NW Arkansas, if you look for them. Last year, I did a 12 h/500 mile day from just south of Eureka Springs to St. Louis at an average speed of 45 mph. Gateway has the maps, and they're running a REVER/NAV VI seminar in about an hour.

Back