• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycles of Charlotte 2018 Spring Rally, Iron Horse Lodge, 4/19-22

I guess I've failed to see the subtext here...two events, similar constituencies, same dates, same roads...

Couldn't we figure out a way to coordinate?

I guess I've failed to see the subtext here...two events, similar constituencies, same dates, same roads...

Couldn't we figure out a way to coordinate?

I've already been through the longer conversation as to why 2 years ago - bottom line is they are very different events, and there isn't really a lot of crossover in the audiences. If folks who attend other area events want to register and take part in some of what we have going on, they are unconditionally welcome to do so!

Last edited:
The Rally page has been updated, including the addition of one very cool presenter who I have been trying to connect with for a few years now.

logo tank.jpg

Rudy Banny founded TATTOO MOTO in 2006, creating one-of-a-kind custom builds with an artistic, but scrappy, aesthetic. Bikes that leave indelible impressions, hence the name. Tattoo Moto’s unique style of vintage cafe racers, bobbers, and scramblers has gained recognition internationally, from Bike EXIF, to Motorcycle USA, to Pipeburn.com. When he’s not building bikes, Rudy can be found running his award-winning advertising agency, Tattoo Projects, in Charlotte NC, serving clients like Michelin, Sheetz Convenience Stores, Domtar International, and Hostess Snacks to name a few.

Rudy will be bringing a few creations to show, and giving an evening presentation that will give us a glimpse into his custom building journey. Here's a taste of what you can expect to see... for more, check out https://www.tattoomoto.com/.

Attachments

• Big V.jpg
    Big V.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 106
  • BSA.jpg
    BSA.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the options for lodging at the Iron Horse are running thin... here's what remains as of today:

Cabin Rooms: 2 available.

Bunkhouses: Both are FULL.

Full Service RV Sites: 1 available.

Tent Sites w/ AC power: 3 available.

Trailer Sites w/ AC power: 3 available.

Primitive Camping is unlimited.

Event Page

Back