• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

k75rt fuel pump

Hi Gang
last year I could not start my k75rt. figured out it was the fuel pump so ordered a new 52mm kit, cost around $300. The bike had been sitting for a year or so and being a frugal yankee i thought to myself why not give the pump a good wack with something to get er spinning. Well it worked and I sent the new pump back. Fast forward to now, a year later and pump is dead again and the wack fix won't work either. So now I need a new pump. My question is 1. After market 52mm. 2. After market 43mm kit that needs shims. 3. or aftermarket 38mm that needs lots of shimming. I don't mind going aftermarket but I want to do the job Right.
Your thoughts?
Thanks
Brian 9842

Brian,

I suggest the 37mm pumps. They are readily available almost anywhere for a reasonable price.

Euromoto Electrics offers a foam sleeve to mount a 37mm pump in a 52mm mount, plus several pumps and pump kits in all 3 sizes.

Make sure your tank is clean inside. Usually pumps fail when bikes sit for a long time and the rubber pump vibration damper disolves and settles below the pump intake. Then the pump sucks this up and seizes the pump. Euromoto Electrics also sells better fuel resistant dampers at a lower price than BMW.

:dance:dance:dance

37mm pump

So it is acceptable to the Beemer world to go with a smaller diameter pump, thats good because what I recall is that the 37mm pump is way less expensive and will do the same job. Will give EME a call.
Thanks for the info.
Brian

:dance:dance:dance[/QUOTE]

Back