• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2018 RTE Ride To Eat Northwest TN Saturday April 7, 2018 See the Eagles

CaptRehkopf

Hi all,
My suggestion for the winter doldrums is to put this SPRING RTE on your calendar and you'll be part of the magic of wishing for better riding conditions in the new season, promise!
Ride Safe everyone and see you in West Tennessee, Tiptonville on Saturday April, 7th (First Saturday in April). I would like to be contacted CaptRehkopf@geemaildotcom so I'll know how big a room to reserve?
Boyettte's Restaurant in Tiptonville, TN, 12:00-2:00pm Saturday April 7, 2018.
This ride is scheduled at the same time as the Bald Eagles' baby eaglets should be about two to three weeks old. The Ranger Station across the highway has had cameras on their nesting sites. So, if the Eagles cooperate and nest where the cameras are then you can see these magnificent birds close up. Additionally, the Ranger Station has other live examples of wildlife including two Bald Eagles that are injured and can't hunt for themselves, so you'll see Eagles regardless. http://www.reelfoot.com/eagles.htm
Boyette's serves family style and is described below: Since 1921 Boyette's has been one of west Tennessee's top restaurants. People from all over a four state area make the drive every week to experience the true flavor of the south. Just make sure you're hungry, because their specialty is serving up generous portions of Catfish, Country Ham, Fried Chicken and more. Put it together with some homemade hushpuppies, onion rings and country vegetables and it's not just a meal it's an experience.
http://www.reelfoot.com/boyettes/index.htm
Boyette's Dining Room (N36 21.643 W89 25.985) Hwy. 21 Tiptonville, TN 38079
Ride Safe, Think Fast!
Robert

RTE Eagles Update

Hi all,
My suggestion for the winter doldrums is to put this SPRING RTE on your calendar and you'll be part of the magic of wishing for better riding conditions in the new season, promise!
Ride Safe everyone and see you in West Tennessee, Tiptonville on Saturday April, 7th (First Saturday in April). I would like to be contacted CaptRehkopf@geemaildotcom so I'll know how big a room to reserve?
Boyettte's Restaurant in Tiptonville, TN, 12:00-2:00pm Saturday April 7, 2018.
This ride is scheduled at the same time as the Bald Eagles' baby eaglets should be about two to three weeks old. The Ranger Station across the highway has had cameras on their nesting sites. So, if the Eagles cooperate and nest where the cameras are then you can see these magnificent birds close up. Additionally, the Ranger Station has other live examples of wildlife including two Bald Eagles that are injured and can't hunt for themselves, so you'll see Eagles regardless. http://www.reelfoot.com/eagles.htm
Boyette's serves family style and is described below: Since 1921 Boyette's has been one of west Tennessee's top restaurants. People from all over a four state area make the drive every week to experience the true flavor of the south. Just make sure you're hungry, because their specialty is serving up generous portions of Catfish, Country Ham, Fried Chicken and more. Put it together with some homemade hushpuppies, onion rings and country vegetables and it's not just a meal it's an experience.
http://www.reelfoot.com/boyettes/index.htm
Boyette's Dining Room (N36 21.643 W89 25.985) Hwy. 21 Tiptonville, TN 38079
Ride Safe, Think Fast!
Robert

Feb 13, 2018 Update

Local newspaper article indicated there are 50 pairs of nesting Eagles permanently around Reelfoot Lake! However, this year has brought another 100 plus pair to the lake, so hopefully there will be some exciting viewings

Great job putting this together and getting it out there. Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to share all this awesomeness on the forums. Not going to be able to attend, even though I’m from western TN. This job of mine keeps me firmly anchored to lower Alabama. Y’all ride safe, see lots of eagles, eat good food; that’s an order!:)

It's a nice ride up there and back. I usually go by and see the Civil War monument to the Battle of Island of Island Number 10. Can't make the ride this year, too bad for me. Ya'll go on and have a nice ride up and have lunch with the Eagles. :thumb

Cold

Wanted to come down sister lives in Murray, Ky but temp now 28 degrees 20 mph wind from north think I will see sister and reelfoot another time

As it turned out, Paul & I were the ONLY ones who rode a motorcycle to this RTE, and only two other people even showed up! Glad to know I'm not getting too soft yet :). The temp was 55 degrees when we left home at 6:00 am, and fell the farther north we rode. It started snowing (yes snowing) 50 - 75 miles before Tiptonville, and when we arrived at the restaurant, it was 31 degrees. It was 35 when we started back, and we never saw above 40 all the way home. Approx. 500 miles round trip.

Here's to you and Paul. :thumb I've done this ride several times in the past and it's always been cold. I'm slowly becoming a fair weather rider. :)

Rte

Let's try this again May 12-13 weekend pick a time at Catfish Hotel 1140 Hagy Ln, Shiloh, Tn.

Back