• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Airhead Photos - Unknown Vintage Airhead in Hawaii

ExGMan

A friend of mine is traveling in Hawaii and spotted what appears to be an older BMW with sidecar there. He made some photos which I thought I'd share. The location of this is "The Holualoa Kona Coffee Company" in Holualoa, HI.

0112181349a.jpg

0112181349b.jpg

0112181348_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is this is a Chinese Chang Jiang 750. I believe it's a knock off of the R71.

I'm guessing the Chinese Chang Jiang is a knockoff of a Russian Ural, Cossack, or Dneiper motorcycle. But, that's just a wild guess. :dunno:)

And using the BMW Roundel on a club's logo was taboo :hungover
Hope the location of that isn't in the metadata.........:)
OM

Not much to guess about, the photo says it all.

Chiang Jiang M1S, overhead valves make it a late '70s vintage (previous 750 was flathead). Parts are readily available, from Sidecarpro Some chassis parts are interchangeable with Dnepr and Ural.
attachment.php

edit-overhead valve engine was introduced in late 80s

Back