• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2014 f800gsa

bob_m

I'm looking at a 2014 F800GSA. I have test ridden a similar bike at a dealership, but that provides no insight as to quirks, hidden bugs or long term issues. Are there skeletons hidden in the closet of this bike. It is low mileage and appears to be well taken care of.
Thanks
Bob

I purchased my 2014 F800GSA in early 2015, new from the dealer. Other than hitting a deer six weeks later, I have not had any issues with the bike. Just make sure you're tall enough to handle it. I've seen shorter people develop ways to get their one foot down on the ground that make me shutter, especially since you're probably going to use the bike on some non-paved terrain at some time.

Annie has a 2014 F800GS with over 40,000 miles on it. The one major issue she had was a failed stator that was replaced under warranty. Stator failures were not rampant but nor were they rare on the 2014s. The bike has required one valve adjustment for one shim at 35,000 miles. It has been issue free other than the stator.

HyperPro makes a lowering kit for the 800. Lowers the rear by 50mm. The front can be lowered 20-40 mm by adjusting the fork tubes.

Contact Klaus at epm performance for advice on suspension adjustments (http://epmperf.com/hyperpro-high-performance-motorcycle-suspension/).

I took the 3 hour drive to look at it with cashier's check in hand. Got there, to the storage unit on the south side of town and the bike was just as I had hoped. The seller said he is starting a business building bicycles, and he showed me a very nice bicycle that he built. I put on my gear and as I was getting ready for a test ride he said "take it easy, the front tire is low on air" I asked "Don't you have air here?" he did not..........Hmmm
the bike rode fine. I'm 6'1" and found the stature of the bike very comfortable once I climbed on. My airhead RS makes my joints hurt after a while and a taller bike is just what I'm looking for. (not selling the RS)

Back at the unit I asked if he would take less and he agreed. I said get the pink and sign it over to which he replied "I just finished paying off the loan and they haven't sent me the pink yet. We can do a bill of sale.....Hmmmm

I left without the bike but had a very nice drive through rural Oregon and along the coast where surf was roiling. I am hoping the seller will text me with a message that the pink is in hand and I can come and pick up the bike.

I continue to look.

He builds bicycles but doesn't have a compressor? Look VERY closely at that pink slip...

Back