Thread: 2014 f800gsa

2014 f800gsa

I'm looking at a 2014 F800GSA. I have test ridden a similar bike at a dealership, but that provides no insight as to quirks, hidden bugs or long term issues. Are there skeletons hidden in the closet of this bike. It is low mileage and appears to be well taken care of.
    Thanks
    Bob

I purchased my 2014 F800GSA in early 2015, new from the dealer. Other than hitting a deer six weeks later, I have not had any issues with the bike. Just make sure you're tall enough to handle it. I've seen shorter people develop ways to get their one foot down on the ground that make me shutter, especially since you're probably going to use the bike on some non-paved terrain at some time.

Annie has a 2014 F800GS with over 40,000 miles on it. The one major issue she had was a failed stator that was replaced under warranty. Stator failures were not rampant but nor were they rare on the 2014s. The bike has required one valve adjustment for one shim at 35,000 miles. It has been issue free other than the stator.

HyperPro makes a lowering kit for the 800. Lowers the rear by 50mm. The front can be lowered 20-40 mm by adjusting the fork tubes.

Contact Klaus at epm performance for advice on suspension adjustments (http://epmperf.com/hyperpro-high-per...le-suspension/).
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I lowered mine
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I took the 3 hour drive to look at it with cashier's check in hand. Got there, to the storage unit on the south side of town and the bike was just as I had hoped. The seller said he is starting a business building bicycles, and he showed me a very nice bicycle that he built. I put on my gear and as I was getting ready for a test ride he said "take it easy, the front tire is low on air" I asked "Don't you have air here?" he did not..........Hmmm
    the bike rode fine. I'm 6'1" and found the stature of the bike very comfortable once I climbed on. My airhead RS makes my joints hurt after a while and a taller bike is just what I'm looking for. (not selling the RS)

Back at the unit I asked if he would take less and he agreed. I said get the pink and sign it over to which he replied "I just finished paying off the loan and they haven't sent me the pink yet. We can do a bill of sale.....Hmmmm

I left without the bike but had a very nice drive through rural Oregon and along the coast where surf was roiling. I am hoping the seller will text me with a message that the pink is in hand and I can come and pick up the bike.

I continue to look.

He builds bicycles but doesn't have a compressor? Look VERY closely at that pink slip...

Might be a good idea to ask the local police to run the VIN.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_M View Post

I left without the bike

I continue to look.

Not to belittle the bike, but F800GS's seem to be around in abundance, so it sounds like you did the right thing by walking away...
    1995 BMW K75s - 100k and climbing!
    2007 BMW R1200RT - 62k
    2009 BMW G650GS - 22k and ready for Alaska!