• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2019 BMWMOA location?

Howze 'bout an eastern and a western rally, one being spring and one being fall and they change for the next year. :deal
OM

As in two rallies in one year? Vendors would be an issue, and possibly logistics for MOA, and attendance at each rally would be smaller but that would expand the number of potential sites. If it’s one rally per year the spring/fall flip-flop would still accommodate north/south movement of siting but doesn’t alleviate significant sizing issues on the sites.

Please define or clarify “spring” and “fall”.

Best,
DG

As in two rallies in one year? Vendors would be an issue, and possibly logistics for MOA, and attendance at each rally would be smaller but that would expand the number of potential sites. If it’s one rally per year the spring/fall flip-flop would still accommodate north/south movement of siting but doesn’t alleviate significant sizing issues on the sites.

Please define or clarify “spring” and “fall”.

Best,
DG
I was just thinking a couple of smaller rallies would open up so many other places to hold an event(s). Logistics should be easier depending on site selection.....some would attend both. I just used spring and fall as it could be early or late picking the best time (hopefully) with weather patterns. It seems time is my Unobtanium, too beat up for a long ride, kinda into more simple events.......held in/where horrendous weather was a fluke instead of a norm.
I wouldn't mind attending a rally, Bloomsburg was close but I decided it looked uncomfortable.....I seemed to have guessed correct (for me).
OM

Seriously, your three horizontal lines on the map would be useful. The northern zone would host rallies in July, the central zone host rallies in June, and the southern zone host rallies in May. Or, you could split the 60 combined days of June and July into three 20-day segments. The rally calendar would rotate through the resulting 3x3 grid and could be scheduled out several years in advance for those who need to plot vacation time well into the future. You could aim for better odds of decent weather in each of the grid squares and get at least a chance of both escaping some oppressive heat and having a rally hosted in a far southern locale.

This is not only a great idea, you could also play tic-tac-toe with it. :thumb

Missoula was my first Rally. Only great memories of that place and there is not a more pleasant place to visit.

Fargo would be in the northern zone so 2019 would be a good year for rezoning wouldn't it. :)

We could include Canada in the northern zone as an option (not mandatory) and then Fargo and Winnipeg could compete for the middle of the continent award.

Last edited:
Looks wike Winnepeg wins the closestest to the center of North America contest (Rugby, ND). It beats out Fargo by a mere three miles (220 to 223). All facts and figures provided cannot be challenged since they were found on the internet.

I suggest finding the nearest suitable location to the Center of the Universe.... 414 Sixth Street, Wallace, Idaho. There is a brewery, pizza joint and bar all in the immediate area, so it has Fargo beat.

Attachments

• SAM_1904.jpg
    SAM_1904.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 339
Looks wike Winnepeg wins the closestest to the center of North America contest (Rugby, ND). It beats out Fargo by a mere three miles (220 to 223). All facts and figures provided cannot be challenged since they were found on the internet.

I suggest finding the nearest suitable location to the Center of the Universe.... 414 Sixth Street, Wallace, Idaho. There is a brewery, pizza joint and bar all in the immediate area, so it has Fargo beat.

I spent a few hours in Wallace years ago on my way to Coeur D’Alene. Great place with good food and IIRC a microbrewery. I’m ready to go back!

Best,
DG

I remember that marker vividly because Barley lifted his leg and peed on it! Some Japanese tourists got several good shots of me blotting up the puddle with paper towels while Barley held a plastic poop bag for me.

Marker

I remember that marker vividly because Barley lifted his leg and peed on it! Some Japanese tourists got several good shots of me blotting up the puddle with paper towels while Barley held a plastic poop bag for me.

You use a plastic poop bad? It is nice that Barley was willing to hold it for you!
As for Barley peeing on the marker you know when you get several dogs in a field if one pees in a spot they all have to hit that spot, probably been some Harley riders by recently.:drink:fart

any one with kids. students, teachers pretty much have to stick with the summer schedule.

camping in the south during the summer is an adventure all it's own

Possible contract with the local university dorms for a rally some summer in the south, so we could at least sleep in AC at reasonable walking cost?

still riding in can be a hazzard.

Rod

They are never going to change the date. We hav3 been whining about this for year. Let’s get over it.

Not sure who THEY are, I operate under the theory that WE are THEY and that given sufficient pressure from the membership then THEY will have to change. That does require that people rise to the surface of the pool of complacency and make some rings, if not waves. And, that THEY are actually watching the pool...

Best,
DG

Not sure who THEY are, I operate under the theory that WE are THEY and that given sufficient pressure from the membership then THEY will have to change. That does require that people rise to the surface of the pool of complacency and make some rings, if not waves. And, that THEY are actually watching the pool...

Best,
DG

Unfortunately, I’m afraid “They” are Facebooki’n generating visit counts.
OM

Each state has a sweet spot......

Dodge City, Kansas
Enid, Oklahoma
Gallup, New Mexico
Pueblo, Colorado
North Platte, Nebraska
Minot, North Dakota
Casper, Wyoming
Miles City, Montana
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Amarillo, Texas
Haven't missed a rally to n 7 years but would draw the line with Oklahoma. My vote would be for Fargo. Close enough for a side trip into Canada.

To really understand all of the merits of FARGO, you really should go back to the beginning of this thread and read every reply.

Voni
LOL

Haven't missed a rally to n 7 years but would draw the line with Oklahoma. My vote would be for Fargo. Close enough for a side trip into Canada.

Yeah .... I would travel to most any location but Oklahoma would be on the bottom of my list too. Fargo ... no problem!

Changes, they are a coming... the board has listened to the membership on some of the concerns and issues on this thread. For the record, I don’t know where the 2019 rally possibles are. The committe that is involved in site selection... special operations could learn something about their operational security, OPSEC.

Back to your regularly scheduled forum speculation. :brad:brad

SECMOA

Back