• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2019 BMWMOA location?

That would be July wouldn't it?

I was very excited for a Rally that didn't land on my Wedding anniversary in July, until I found out the June date is Father's Day Weekend in Canada. It is hard to please everyone for every place and time.

I have owned a BMW for just over a year and was debating going to Iowa this year. Unfortunately, circumstances made the decision that I wouldn't attend. After watching all of the facebook posts from Iowa and feeling sorry for myself that I wasn't able to go, I hopped on the MOA forum and was pleased as can be to see that the 2019 National is only 2.5 hours away from my home. When I did, I was stunned to find this thread half filled with criticism of the MOA. "Facebook Sucks. Its hot in the summer. The National wasn't announced soon enough. I don't like the date. Blah... Blah.... Blah." Wow. I shouldn't be surprised (it is the internet after all). But, what a bunch of complainers!

Even I have to say that I was a little disappointed that the national isn't going to be in Fargo.

Regardless, I am already planning my trip to Lebanon next year. Anyone else starting to think about the trip to the area, should check out a trip north west to Pall Mall, Tennessee. It is the birthplace and grave of Sgt Alvin York. The riding and natural beauty around the area is fantastic.

I shouldn't be surprised (it is the internet after all). But, what a bunch of complainers!

Probably something to be expected. Far more often, people like to complain as opposed to those who liked things or even those that are ambivalent. So, I would base much on people's opinion knowing that you're not hearing from the full spectrum of people.

It's a pity that I joined this community late and didn't know about this event. So would try to attend this meeting.)
But I hope that in the future I will be able to get to this event.:drink

I was stunned to find this thread half filled with criticism of the MOA. "Facebook Sucks. Its hot in the summer. The National wasn't announced soon enough. I don't like the date. Blah... Blah.... Blah." Wow. I shouldn't be surprised (it is the internet after all). But, what a bunch of complainers! .

That’s probably just the arthritis talking ...

35 years ago a much larger percentage of the MOA membership rode to the rallies regardless of where they were, in July, without cellphones, GPSs, towing services, tubeless tires, or vented & armored textiles. Plus, many camped along the way, if they stopped at all.

Now that most of us are in our 60’s and 70’s it’s not so easy in spite of all the modern support equipment, and I think that occasionally makes some a bit grumpy. Hopefully younger MOA members will understand and cut the old folks some slack.

Last edited:
That’s probably just the arthritis talking ...

35 years ago a much larger percentage of the MOA membership rode to the rallies regardless of where they were, in July, without cellphones, GPSs, towing services, tubeless tires, or vented & armored textiles. Plus, many camped along the way, if they stopped at all.

Now that most of us are in our 60’s and 70’s it’s not so easy in spite of all the modern support equipment, and I think that occasionally makes some a bit grumpy. Hopefully younger MOA members will understand and cut the old folks some slack.

Yeah, you're really very right.. In our time, I think nothing is impossible. Really a lot of equipment and things that make life easier for cars and motor-fans. The main thing that was desire. If you wish, you can go to this event without even having a motorcycle, you can just rent it. Also and any other equipment!
The most important thing is not to be afraid and have a desire!:gerg:bolt

I was very excited for a Rally that didn't land on my Wedding anniversary in July, until I found out the June date is Father's Day Weekend in Canada. It is hard to please everyone for every place and time.
Sell it as a great fathers day present.

Last edited:
Back