Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: 2019 BMWMOA location?

Sounds like the perfect fathers day adventure to me.
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jandhumphreyme View Post
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhumphreyme View Post
    For the Father - yes. For the kids and grandkids - no. Not to mention the significant other. Not all of us have children or spouses who wish to ride, follow or even go to a rally most especially on Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Anniversaries... However like I said previously. all events and times do not work for all people, and I would never expect they would either.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

I have owned a BMW for just over a year and was debating going to Iowa this year. Unfortunately, circumstances made the decision that I wouldn't attend. After watching all of the facebook posts from Iowa and feeling sorry for myself that I wasn't able to go, I hopped on the MOA forum and was pleased as can be to see that the 2019 National is only 2.5 hours away from my home. When I did, I was stunned to find this thread half filled with criticism of the MOA. "Facebook Sucks. Its hot in the summer. The National wasn't announced soon enough. I don't like the date. Blah... Blah.... Blah." Wow. I shouldn't be surprised (it is the internet after all). But, what a bunch of complainers!

Even I have to say that I was a little disappointed that the national isn't going to be in Fargo.

Regardless, I am already planning my trip to Lebanon next year. Anyone else starting to think about the trip to the area, should check out a trip north west to Pall Mall, Tennessee. It is the birthplace and grave of Sgt Alvin York. The riding and natural beauty around the area is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by astros50 View Post
    I shouldn't be surprised (it is the internet after all). But, what a bunch of complainers!
    Probably something to be expected. Far more often, people like to complain as opposed to those who liked things or even those that are ambivalent. So, I would base much on people's opinion knowing that you're not hearing from the full spectrum of people.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!