Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 BMWMOA location?

Quote Originally Posted by RIDERR1150GSADV View Post
    It would be a simple matter to add a section to this forum that is only for board members to make announcements on. Just like www.bmwsporttouring.com has.
    Very simple, no members can post or comment on it and the message gets posted here on the forum as it should.
    I like this idea.
    Announcements can now be listed on the home page, but an Announcement Sub Forum would give board members a quick and easy way to announce a new event or a change.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDERR1150GSADV View Post
    It would be a simple matter to add a section to this forum that is only for board members to make announcements on. Just like www.bmwsporttouring.com has.
    Very simple, no members can post or comment on it and the message gets posted here on the forum as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I like this idea.
    Announcements can now be listed on the home page, but an Announcement Sub Forum would give board members a quick and easy way to announce a new event or a change.
    We have the clubhouse section now. If any of the board members would like to post, they only need to get the information to a Moderator and we can post it in a closed thread......
    Perhaps a “sticky” with the title “From the Board” or “From the Home Office”.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I got my BMWMOA Weekly Digest this morning. The 2019 Rally didn't make the news
    Neal - '16 R1200GS / '81 R65

Quote Originally Posted by rguy View Post
    That is truly sad indeed.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Rally

Maybe Fargo upped the ante!

Anybody know where the rally will be on 2025? I will be 72 that year and would like to start planning my route now.

Quote Originally Posted by rguy View Post
    2019 Rally promotion doesn't begin until the 2018 Rally Closing Ceremonies...same thing every year. Simple announcement followed by silence. See you at a rally somewhere.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '17 R12GSA (Outlaw Spirit)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    We have the clubhouse section now. If any of the board members would like to post, they only need to get the information to a Moderator and we can post it in a closed thread......
    Perhaps a “sticky” with the title “From the Board” or “From the Home Office”.
    Gary
    Unfortunately that process may take too long to satisfy some members.

At first I thought the idea of making a sub forum available to board members like the admins or moderators use would be simple.
    The big snag with that, other members can not read a admin or moderator forum
    Nothing is ever simple.

I can't think of a good way for board members to make announcements, then instantly lock the thread, unless you're willing to give all board members moderator powers.

I'm fine with announcements being made on the home page as long as it's done in a timely manner.
    Not a big deal to me who wins the race to break the news.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    2019 Rally promotion doesn't begin until the 2018 Rally Closing Ceremonies...same thing every year. Simple announcement followed by silence. See you at a rally somewhere.
    Chuck, I think that misses a point. It was not "announced" on the official web site. It was not "announced" on the MOA's own Forum. It was posted on Facebook and the first dozen or so responses didn't believe Tracy, until I pointed out she was a Board member and a reliable source who would be expected to know what was going on. Then Sue Rihn posted it to the Ambassadors page on Facebook. So I, a mere civilian since 2001 posted it to the MOA Forum. So to this moment it was not "announced" by MOA anywhere. Reece did confirm what I posted to the Forum but that is hardly an announcement to the membership.

And let's be realistic. The deal was essentially done, ready to be ratified at the Board meeting. The "announcement" of this should have been in the can ready to go active on the Website and Forum right after the Board meeting. This is not rocket surgery.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 04-17-2018 at 03:50 AM.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by fmdualexhaust View Post
    Anybody know where the rally will be on 2025? I will be 72 that year and would like to start planning my route now.
    Amarillo?

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Amarillo?
    👍
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl's MT Outpost
    2017 R1200GSA & 2013 FJR

I am done forever with Facebook, and twitter etc. Selling information is enough. But proliferation of fake and false news, some is simply idiots, some is simply evil.

We have an official web site. First post should always be here.

Rod

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Unfortunately that process may take too long to satisfy some members.

At first I thought the idea of making a sub forum available to board members like the admins or moderators use would be simple.
    The big snag with that, other members can not read a admin or moderator forum
    Nothing is ever simple.

I can't think of a good way for board members to make announcements, then instantly lock the thread, unless you're willing to give all board members moderator powers.

I'm fine with announcements being made on the home page as long as it's done in a timely manner.
    Not a big deal to me who wins the race to break the news.
    All they would have to do with something urgent is to post in the Clubhouse section.
    This is all academic.....really. If “they” all didn’t get on board with this concept, chances are it would look rather goofy 🙃
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
    I am done forever with Facebook, and twitter etc. Selling information is enough. But proliferation of fake and false news, some is simply idiots, some is simply evil.

We have an official web site. First post should always be here.

Rod
    Ditto.

My brother and I have pulled our business and personal accounts from fakebook as well.
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

Technically speaking, the announcement, was first made to the membership in person at the board meeting. All members are welcome and were welcomed to attend. At the conclusion of the board meeting anyone in attendance that is not board or staff could post anything that was said in their social media of choice, including Lee who was in attendance.

It seems appropriate for a board member to make a post as soon as practicable to get in front of the information in an official manner. The information was posted within the hour on our club’s two major social networks Facebook (for members and non members) and the forums (for members only).

It will also be announced on the website in the minutes soon. It takes me about 20 man hours to produce the minutes and they have to be approved, you’ll see those in a month. The staff, probably Wes Fleming, will hang this and other information on the website when appropriate.

Also released in open session; we added two new Getaway locations. One that I’m very excited about, as Rhonda and I may be able to host it in Destin Florida, the other in Pocono Pennsylvania.
    Last edited by rangerreece; 04-17-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President