• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2019 BMWMOA location?

As an individual, I too am a little dubious about Facebook.

Facebook
17309 followers

Our Facebook Group members have a *lot* of suspect individuals. Many people with zero moto on their page, let alone BMW. And... there are many fakes that have a few bike pics in their profile and belong to a million different moto groups, where they can build lists for their own purposes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 12.10.04 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 12.10.04 PM.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 319
Tapatalk app.... does it still work for this forum?

Yes Ian, some have had trouble after an upgrade or server change but Ted gets them back up pretty quick.
Overall, people seem happy with TapaTalk. I'm not really familiar with it.
Sent from my iphonium :)
OM

This is one of the reasons I only had family and other people I physically knew, as 'friends' on fakebook.
It may be a good idea to filter access to the MOA fakebook page by asking for current valid MOA member numbers and thus reducing/eliminating fakes.
It will be a bit of work but, IMHO, worth it to keep some semblance of integrity on there...
I was one of 6 admins for a large MTB group here in S.Florida and we started by adding those people we all knew for real and slowly added more people who where vetted by the group.
On occasion a faker would get in and spam the page, but they were quickly eradicated like the rats they were. YMMV just my 2 pennies....

I was one of 6 admins for a large MTB group here in S.Florida and we started by adding those people we all knew for real and slowly added more people who where vetted by the group.
On occasion a faker would get in and spam the page, but they were quickly eradicated like the rats they were. YMMV just my 2 pennies....

Exactly how it currently works on our group page. As we have a demonstrated model of active recruitment to non members (I have personally recruited six members on the group page in the last 12 months); I have, and will continue to advocate strongly that it remains an open site.

As so many here have voiced their concern about our membership numbers, it follows that every recruitment tool available should be used to its fullest extent.

The key to keeping our Facebook presence viable is the continued policing of gross violations not just by our moderators and admins, but also by members that observe the transgressions and report them in a timely manner to admins.

Exactly how it currently works on our group page. As we have a demonstrated model of active recruitment to non members (I have personally recruited six members on the group page in the last 12 months); I have, and will continue to advocate strongly that it remains an open site.

As so many here have voiced their concern about our membership numbers, it follows that every recruitment tool available should be used to its fullest extent.

The key to keeping our Facebook presence viable is the continued policing of gross violations not just by our moderators and admins, but also by members that observe the transgressions and report them in a timely manner to admins.

That is great!! Thank you!

Pretty sure they released the location to be in Lebanon, TN. Heard a rumor that they would be moving the date up to sometime in June, as well.

The air in Colorado smells funny let's go there!:bliss

:thumb:thumb:thumb

Just flew back last night from a week visiting family in Colorado Springs. Trail-riding on horseback thru The Garden of the Gods / a visit to "The Dragon Man" (more military history/memorabilia in one place than all other museums combined!) / Seven Falls, etc.

No idea now if it's even remotely an option as we plan to have our B&b for touring motorcycles up and running for 2019, I may be busy cleaning toilets.:hungover

How about officially announcing the place and dates so people can start making reservations? If it is outside Nashville, that city has a number of conventions and can book up quickly.

Back