Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2019 BMWMOA location?

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Manure...... the smell of money. At least that is what ranchers call it.
    When I stopped in Dodge in June of 2007, there certainly was an abundance of "money" in the air; not so much this past September.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders #298 & Knights of the Roundel #333

Fargo or Dodge City ... does not matter to me! I'll be there God willing. I'm retired and there are great roads to and from and around all the cities mentioned. Been to Dodge a few times and actually like the "old west" feel of it. But that is me. Heck most all are better than eastern Colorado!
    Ed Apelian
    When Life Throws You a Curve Lean into it!
    2012 R1200GSA Magma Red!
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

2019 Nat'l Rally

How about Asheville? Average 2000ft ASL, short distance from anywhere to great 2 lane roads, Smoky Mtn Nat'l Park, the Blue Ridge, etc., etc.

Here's Blue Ridge in May:

georgeRun1.jpg
    Scotty
    BMWMOA 201086 2012 r1200rt// 2018 "Red" RT It's Here!

Quote Originally Posted by snotty54 View Post
    How about Asheville? Average 2000ft ASL, short distance from anywhere to great 2 lane roads, Smoky Mtn Nat'l Park, the Blue Ridge, etc., etc.

Here's Blue Ridge in May:

georgeRun1.jpg
    Yep Asheville is great and 2 hours from me! But I believe for 2019 it's in the wrong part of the country.
    Ed Apelian
    2012 R1200GSA Magma Red!

Asheville would be great. Except, it would then be like the MSTA rallies...making it clear across the country to even get there.
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by daboo View Post
    Asheville would be great. Except, it would then be like the MSTA rallies...making it clear across the country to even get there.
    That region's time will come, but 2019 is all Montana and North Dakota and their directly southern brethren states Since anything south of North Dakota is both stupid hot and deplorable humid it just simply must, has to be, can't be avoided - FARGO. Check your maps and mark your calendars.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

At what point does a dream become a delusion? Exit 65, I-29, along the banks of the Red River of the North.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

At what point does a dream become a delusion? Exit 65, I-29, along the banks of the Red River of the North.
    Neither a dream nor delusion. Simply a prediction based on geography, climate, weather, logic, and a sense of the inevitable. Time will tell. And meanwhile comedy and irony might intervene.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

In the spirit of compromise, a proposed solution. It has the flatness Paul appreciates along with climate and geography markedly similar to Fargo. A large fairgrounds with plenty of camping and motorhome space, a racetrack facility for the GS Giants, plenty of conditioned or outdoor vendor space, and more—including this:

https://goo.gl/maps/D5g6uNpzYv92

Unlike the indoor beer garden at Billings, this one would be...on ice. Closing ceremony attendees laughing in the face of flame cars, as the ceremony is conducted...on ice. Rent-a-skates for those who want their morning exercise but don’t like walking/running in the heat and humidity. And so on...

Best,
    DG
    (Tongue in cheek, of course—but it really IS a huge ‘ol fairgrounds complex...)
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 R100GS "Bee"-- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Quote Originally Posted by snotty54 View Post
    Maybe 2020, wrong zone for 2019:
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

On a semi-serious note here ..... when does the 2019 location "officially" get announced?
    Ed Apelian
    2012 R1200GSA Magma Red!

Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    On a semi-serious note here ..... when does the 2019 location "officially" get announced?
    The 2018 rally location was announced in early May 2017, so perhaps the 2019 site will be announced this coming May. On the other hand, there has already been an unofficial announcement that Fargo is the site.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

The 2018 rally location was announced in early May 2017, so perhaps the 2019 site will be announced this coming May. On the other hand, there has already been an unofficial announcement that Fargo is the site.
    Great! Thanks. Fargo works for me ... so long as I steer clear of any wood chippers!
    Ed Apelian
    2012 R1200GSA Magma Red!