• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Return Member~Aloha

Caw!

Greetings, I have been a BMW rider since the 1970s and have been on and off with other things in life getting in the way! Now living back in Kauai and enjoying my 1982 R100. Been doing maintenance and replacing a few things, but the bike is very original and tidy. I'm looking for members on Kauai Island if there are any of you out there let me know. Al the best to all of you for a splendid 2018 Caw!

Welcome to the forum! Can you give us an idea of what rides are like on Kauai? With the island only being 30 miles or so wide, I imagine you've been all over that a few times! Any pictures you can share?

Rides on Kauai

Waimea Canyon is my usual ride here on Kauai. I do an 85 mile round trip and have a sandwich up at the top and gaze out at the splendor! Lots of twisties and beautiful. Weather is always changing and quite a bit cooler at 3500 ft. than sea level. One can also ride all the way to the end of the road past Haena and Hanalei which is a fun ride with lots of great vistas and places to eat. There are a few side roads as well and there are different ways of doing the same distance. It's easy to make a whole day of it if desired. All the best....Caw!

Waimea Canyon is my usual ride here on Kauai. I do an 85 mile round trip and have a sandwich up at the top and gaze out at the splendor!

I could ride that every day and never get tired of it. My late wife, Karin, at one of the lookouts, on a recent trip:

DSC00272.jpg

And welcome.

Thank you.

Hope you're OK after the storm on the weekend. That must have been something.

Just return from there two weeks ago. Great vacation! 10 days . One day of rain but let up by noon. I have seen the worst flooding pictures of all on Facebook, since we have return. The northend of the island is the worst. I can't believe 30" of rain in 30 hours. It is to bad we didn't hear nothing on the news for three days!

Back