• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Death Valley Airhead Rally 2018

Ok for those in the know;

What do they provide for food? Breakfast, Coffee? Dinner?
I'm one of those that need about three big cups of coffee in the morning to function.
Can you get coffee/ breakfast at furnace creek?
I'm thinking of trucking my R-80 to Cedar City Ut. or St. George and riding in from there.
I wanna go!
And RIDE

Pre register if going.

Sent the $ yesterday.

In camp, Friday dinner, Sat & Sun breakfast & dinner (no lunches) Monday, cold breakfast. (as far as I know)
There has been morning coffee around 7-8am.

Things don't start in the DVR site as early as I do.
As an early riser I find most, not all, bring their own coffee kits.
At about 6AM food/coffee is available at the ranch/oasis which has been undergoing major remodel, it's close to the campsite. (less than a 1/2 mile walk)

Prices at the Resorts & gas stations in the park reflect that it is in the middle of nowhere, it's 140 miles from Vegas. (the closest city) I think prices are reasonable considering that alone.

In the years that I have attended the park Rangers, staff & resort employees have been helpful, polite, and well, professional is the one word that nails it.

Edit; it's a rendezvous, pulled together by a few AirHeads dedicated to keep it going, enhanced by mostly AirHead volunteers in a NP campground.

Last edited:
Golf course at DV

257E6586-0948-4765-AFEC-B28A3DEBBBD1.jpg

The golf course has a 19th hole with a grill that’s good for lunch.
It's a quarter mile from camp.

Last edited:
2018 abc rendezvous in death valley, 2/15-19

Anybody going to the DVR from So Cal on Thursday 2/15 want to connect and ride together? Please contact me if interested.

Brian Heyman
schoolhousefiresafety@gmail.com

ABC Member #15613
1971 R60/5, 1978 R100S, 2013 Harley-Davidson :scratch

Back