• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

craneycreek1

I have a 2002 R1150RS that I bought last spring. Needed a little work with crown gear and bearings as the previus owner had advised. Tackled that with YouTube and it went well. Put 2500 Appalachian miles on it after the repair. Been over 30 years since I rode the muscle bikes of the late 70's and early 80's. This bike is a different world from that. What a ride.003.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! When you get a chance, post up a picture of your ride!!

A Dream Bike.

Welcome aboard from Alabama! You are really going to enjoy that bike!

Been a while but the update is, one dream bike compared to 40 years ago. The sitting position takes a bit of learning, a conscious effort early on, back in the saddle now. The Yoda thread helped much. I ride mostly hard twisty roads, it is what I have here in the mountains. They have taught me plenty and much more to learn. Big lesson is anything over an hour of these twisted curves and a break is called for. Takes much concentration to position bike and body over hundreds of curves. Trips to Ohio are easy on flat straight roads by comparison. The bike can do more than I will ask of it. Maybe see you at th Rally in Tennessee. Planning a 6000 mile trip in the future to the west coast and all the states I can squeeze in for 6 weeks.

Back