• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Corbin Dual Touring Saddle with Backrest for K1600B

majortom

Well it finally arrived after eight and a half weeks, not the three to five stated on the Corbin web site. Just a quick review after the wife and I put 200 miles on it yesterday. Overall quality is good, not great. Stitching in the riders pocket is a little uneven, rows not parallel, some puckering. The saddle is about twice as heavy as the BMW part. It is also much firmer and has a deeper pocket to sit "in" not "on" like the BMW. The wife is much happier having the backrest and a wider seat. The BMW seat is good for both of us for about 45 minutes, then it becomes uncomfortable with pressure on the tailbone area. The Corban is good for about a full hour without a break, but still needs to be broken-in.

I'll add more details after I take the time to actually weigh the two saddles and make some plug and socket changes to the heating element wiring.

See the comparison photo below.

Corbin_BMW_Saddle.jpg

Hi,

Two questions for you:

1. How does the Corbin saddle affect seat hight?
2. If you purchased the heated version, does it install with the OEM wires?

Thanks and ride safe.

Corbin Seat

Vic,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you; flu had it way with me.

1. The original equipment seat on my bike is the lower one. The Corbin might be just a little lower than the original. Feels that way anyway. I haven't taken any hard measurements. You will have to slide forward a little to get to the narrowest part of the seat to get that lower height. The original seat is better for running around town, with lots of stoplights and stop signs. The Corbin is better for the open road.

2. I did get the heated seat, but haven't given it a good test yet. Corbin sends a weatherproof connector on the seat electrical harness, but it does not match the BMW connector. I purchased some weather proof connectors form Amazon and replaced the Bike side and the seat side on both seats.

Tom

PS I did a three and a half hour ride from the west side of the valley down to Coolidge and back; before the flu. Seat felt great!

Corbin seat question

In your reply, you indicate the Corbin is lower than the original seat on the K1600b. Will you please clarify - is it: 1) lower than your BMW low seat, or 2) lower than the BMW regular seat but higher than your BMW low seat? I appreciate your help. I pick up my new K1600b next week.

Kevin

Back