• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

16 Annual BMW Riders Campout, June 8-10, Somerset, Pa

gsjay

16th Annual BMW Riders Campout

Somerset, Pa
June 8, 9, 10, 2018

16th Annual Laurel Highlands BMW Riders Campout

We return to Pioneer Park Campground located in south central Pennsylvania. Pioneer Park is a terrific full-service camping resort with excellent showers and facilities,

Admission is just $50.00 for the full weekend ($45 if pre-registered) and includes, two nights camping, three meals, loads of door prizes, self-guided ride info and 16th Annual rally pin for the first 100 registrants.

There is great riding in any direction with many self-guided tours available.

Friday evening enjoy Gourmet Dump Stew (bring a can or 2 to add to the pot), hotdogs & snacks till their gone. Morning Coffee & tea.
Saturday Catered dinner, tons of door prizes.
Hearty send-off breakfast Sunday morning!

Pavilion, picnic tables, hot showers, campfires allowed-wood provided! Motels & Restaurants nearby. Sat. night campground entertainment!

Discount for one night, not camping or 16 or younger. No Day Passes.
email Jason for pre registration form.

Info: Jason Kaplitz; gsjay@kaplitz.com (814) 615 9138

Pre-registration appreciated- Send check/name/ contact info to:
LHBMWR C/O 840 Basin Dr. Windber Pa. 15963

I have 6 on Road loops mapped out in Basecamp that could be ridden while at this event. They are all about 100 miles long and begin and end at the Somerset County Courthouse.
PM if you'd like the files.
jason

file:///C:/Users/jason/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/35VCIMTJ/MDA%20Ride%20for%20Life_May%202018_Seven%20Springs_Ride%20Routes.pdf

here are some more routes near the campout.
j

Probably 4 years ago, maybe 5. We were staying at Nemacola Lodge (great place, but $$$$). We were actually on a bicycle tour. IIRC, we went to Falling Waters that trip, and also pedaled the canal path. We rode down into WVa and back.

I mentioned some GPS routes that where coming...................

https://somersetscenicsix.com/

The website is a work in progress but I'm pretty sure the download works. Take a look.

PS. we've got the menu picked and our caterer is ready for us!

tks,
Jason

Fallingwater

Fallingwater is a world renowned destination and it's only 45 minutes from out campout location............

https://www.fallingwater.org/

If you want to tour it remember, you must purchase a ticket in advance. The tours SELL OUT so please plan ahead if you want to visit.

jason

I was there last yr(2017), great rally. I went to Fallingwater and did the long tour. You need to get your ticket at least a month before the rally. They will not let you on the estate without a ticket.

Well we're one week away from out 16th Annual Campout.

Hard to believe we've been doing this for that many years.
I was 37 years old when we started and now I'm receiving AARP magazines in the mail.

We've gotten 21 pre registrations forms in the mail. Which is about twice as many as we normally get.

10 Day forecast is looking pretty good.

Don't forget to bring a can or two for the Dump Stew!

See you soon.
jason

Back