• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2018 F bikes

Where will the new 2018 F bike engines go in the forum?

Might need some more info on your concerns. If it's an F-Twin, your here. If it's the reported displacement changes, still here. Nothing wrong with starting a specific thread on a new model.
OM

If the new engine is to compete with Honda then it will be a far different engine than the current F bikes.

After riding my Honda 7700 miles I would not even consider the current F engine.

So I think more information is needed here to support the reaction to the Honda claim. First, what model and year Honda? 700 NT, African Twin,......? I’ve ridden several 600 mile plus days on my 798 rotex engine, with one + 900 mile day and plan one getting to 100000 miles within another two to three years so wonder what specifics you are citing to disqualify the 799/800 engine from consideration?

If the new engine is to compete with Honda then it will be a far different engine than the current F bikes.

After riding my Honda 7700 miles I would not even consider the current F engine.

Gee, I wish I'd known that before buying my F800GT. Especially after taking two multi-state road trips and coming back through Canada.

I think his question was, will the new F bikes get a new sub forum. The current F twin sub forum was created to split off the threads about them from the older F singles. Each new boxer version has a dedicated sub forum, so logically, the new F twins should have a separate forum to separate the information and discussion on them from the original F twin talk.

I think his question was, will the new F bikes get a new sub forum. The current F twin sub forum was created to split off the threads about them from the older F singles. Each new boxer version has a dedicated sub forum, so logically, the new F twins should have a separate forum to separate the information and discussion on them from the original F twin talk.

That was the question, but the following comment was snarky.

Keep the 2-cylinder inlines all in F-Twins

I never had a problem to follow all the AIRHEAD issues in just ONE forum.

The newer twins are about the same technology and given the low participation in the F-Twins forum I don't see why to create another forum.

What a great goal setter Voni is. Makes my 60000 miles on my 700 look like a new motorcycle yet. :) Need to get serious about reaching that 100000 mile mark in a year or so.

The newer twins are about the same technology and given the low participation in the F-Twins forum I don't see why to create another forum.

The new F bikes are a complete redesign and will share probably no mechanical, technology or accessories with the current version, thus a separate forum would make sense to reduce confusion. At least airheads have some commonalities across the years. This new F engine appears to be as similar to the original one as the oilheads, hexheads and water boxers are to airheads in that they share the same cylinder arrangement.

...The newer twins are about the same technology and given the low participation in the F-Twins forum I don't see why to create another forum.
Try looking at F800Riders.org. I'd be really surprised if there wasn't a separate sub-forum for the new F750/850 bikes.

The BMW/MOA forum seems to be mainly about boxers.

Chris

I forgot this thread. I had a F650 twin and I have rented a F800GS and a F800GT multiple times in Hawaii and California.
Not knocking the 800 but my 2016 Honda NC700X DCT feels better than the 650 twin and the 800s. No buzz at all in the handlebars at high speeds. Not to mention the 70 mpg.

They are all good bikes. Just minor differences with these new bikes.

That was the question, but the following comment was snarky.

Guilty. I must have been feeling a little snarky. It just expressed how impressed I am with my Honda NC700X DCT. I use it in Florida to commute to work and during days off.
It is currently parked in the Dolphin Airport garage and stays there while I am home in Colorado. Free airport motorcycle parking.

Test ride

I took a test ride on the Honda n700 not the dct also test ride on f 800 gs and both were “nice” . I however did not get that “this is it feeling” with either bike nothing wrong just did not seem right for me at the time I rode them.

Back