• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nav V

T-foiler

I remember back in the day when I had a computer problem that I couldn’t resolve I’d call the manufacturer and during the call the tech would say “please power off your computer and restart it”. I’d be so frustrated with my problem that I’ve just spent 4 hours working on, “why the hell would you want me to do that, I’ll lose where I’m at.” But I reluctantly followed their direction and all would be magically resolved. Today I called Garmin with my unresolvable problem with my new to me nav v unit. They were tremendous. An hour of my life wasted trying to get basecamp to see my unit. I thinking I’m going to have to get my money back from the inmate I just bought the unit from. The Garmin tech said “Paul, please unplug your USB from the computer and plug it in a different USB outlet”. Magic - it works!
With all the horror stories I’ve read about their horrid customer care and my resistance to owning a nav unit- I’m going to take it all back - this unit is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Garmin tech said “Paul, please unplug your USB from the computer and plug it in a different USB outlet”. Magic - it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not exclusively a Garmin issue. It appears to me to be a Windows issue. I have had the same problem both with USB printers and with USB remote hard drives.

Back