• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Back in the Saddle!

dcwii

Hello friends and future friends! I've been BMW-less for about 7 years now, and I'm itching to get back in the saddle. I've got a couple bikes I'm looking at and a few I'm drooling over. I'm 90% sure I'm going with a 1990 K75RT. Never owned anything other than a boxer before, so this will be a new adventure. I'm pretty excited about it though. I've also never really been a full fairing type guy, so I might just see how i like it over the winter and then potentially pull it off in the spring and convert it into more of a naked look. We'll see. One concern is that the odometer on this bike doesn't seem to be working. Owner said it stopped in September, around 67K miles. The owner seems like a good guy, and I trust him, but I worry about what happens when/if I try to sell it in the future. Don't know. Buy it, fix it, and then just tell potential buyers that there was a short period (a few months) when the OD wasn't working?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Doug

Doug -

Welcome to the forum! At first, I thought you were the brother of Dave Cwi who writes for the Owners News...not the same name I guess!

I don't have any real input on the K75 but I've heard it is a sweet engine. I'm sure others will be along with some good input. Good luck!

broken odo not umcommon on these. i usually don't worry about what the odo looks like, i look for other wear indicators, oil in the fairing pan and condition of the driveshaft splines.

good choice of bike!

www.motobrick.com is your friend.

Thanks y'all! Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking as well. I mean, it's a 1990 bike. I figure as long as everything checks out and seems to be in good shape, it's probably ok. But if I get the bike I'll see if i can get it spinning again.

Checking out motobrick.com - thanks for the tip!

Doug

Back