• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Michelin Road 5 tires

I replaced an Anakee II on my 1200GS with an Anakee III a few weeks ago. After 5,000 miles the Anakee III is ready for replacement.

The OEM Anakee III's on my GS lasted just shy of 13K miles and could have gone a bit further.

Lee what mileage did she get out of the road attack 2’s? I have Z6 Metzelers with 7,600 miles on them, I ride a lot on one lane oil and chip farm roads and I think not much more life in left side of front tire. Bike 1994 R1100RS 80,000 miles original suspension

She had 7,700 miles on the back and I had 8,050 miles.
Mine was not worn as bad as hers.

When we returned home her front was replaced with 8,160 miles on it.
My front had 9,130 miles on it when replaced.

I did not record how much thread was remaining on the front tires.

She had 7,700 miles on the back and I had 8,050 miles.
Mine was not worn as bad as hers.

When we returned home her front was replaced with 8,160 miles on it.
My front had 9,130 miles on it when replaced.

I did not record how much thread was remaining on the front tires.
Ride a 2013 1200gs and using road 4's. Have 11000 miles on them and they still have good tread. Only issue is when riding in rain the past few trips the rear is starting to slip a bit. Thinking of road 5's and looking to hear from others riding them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I’ve just done a couple of thousand kilometres on PR5s ( first time I’ve tried them). They certainly are grippy in the wet, are very neutral and stable. I just changed from Metzeler Roadtec 01, which still had lots of wear after 8,000 km and looked as though they’d go a lot longer (although Metzelers have caught me out like that before). The Metzelers were more nervous by comparison - maybe not a bad thing if you’re in sporting mode. I like the Michelin’s.

I've been running Michelin's on all my bikes for a long time - sport bikes and the GS (Pirelli on the track bike). I just installed Dunlop Sportmax III's on the GS a few weeks ago. So far so great! The tire grips well and the tread is DEEP. Hopefully these tires will last for 9K+ miles and continue to perform like they presently are performing.

I think Michelin is getting too "proud" of their tires; the price is getting out of hand. I'll see how the Dunlops do compared to the Michey's....

Back