• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

99 F650 Windscreen options

dcb_wvu

I have a 1999 F650 but am wanting some options for a larger/taller windscreen. I have ordered an attachment for it but thought I would check for larger windscreens as well in case that does not totally fix the issue (lots of wind noise).

thanks.
Courtney
dcb_wvu

I have a 1999 F650 but am wanting some options for a larger/taller windscreen. I have ordered an attachment for it but thought I would check for larger windscreens as well in case that does not totally fix the issue (lots of wind noise).

thanks.
Courtney
dcb_wvu

I put an Aeroflow shield on my 1997 F650 when I bought it 20 years ago. They might still know how to make that shield. Give them a call.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the assistance. I tried searching the threads but you guys certainly have the hookup. I am going to the Winter Rally so perhaps I will see you guys there.

courtney

Welcome to the Forum Courtney:wave

Not picturing difference in my head between a 99 and the 07 we have.

Just replaced a shattered CeeBaileys on ours with a MRA with an adjustable top wing. It is about even with top of mirror.

Will attach an Apple picture and apologige if it comes out sideways:banghead

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

I have used the clamp on wing for years on a GS and have used it on other bikes that are not set up for me that whoomp whoomp in my helmet without it

On all the early F650s as in the OP.

If you get a really effective windshield, blocking frontal flow, you will then get a strong updraft from the forward 1/4 of the fuel tank. After 4 windshields I finally found that a set of Aerostich tank panniers with the Aeroflow shield was the cats meow.

We eventually sold this F650 but I still have the tank panniers for my soon-to-be-we-hope G310GS bikes.

An update, So I bought a small shield to attach to the top of the windshield. It vibrated the shield so much I took it off for fear of cracking it. The advice and links here have allowed me to find a few other options. I will see about this updraft, that sounds interesting and I will keep that in mind. I really appreciate the advice and shared wisdom, you guys are awesome.

Are you guys going to the winter Rally in Florida? I will be there and hope to check out some other bikes to get ideas for adventure touring on this bike.

I have an aeroflo which I modified by shimming it to lean it forward and added a brace to the center of the steering triple clamp. Tank bag helps as does bending the mirrors down which eliminates the buffeting or at least did for me.

Back