• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bell Flex Helmet

A head injury four years ago has had me taking a close look at the Bell Flex technology and that used by 6d in their helmets.
I think both represent a huge improvement, but I think the 6d approach might be superior.
I would love to see a scientific study comparing the two.

It looks like the MIPS (multi directional impact protection) technology in MTB helmets. Bell and others have that in their lids as well... I happen to have a Swedish made POC with it.

https://helmets.org/mips.htm

It still amazes me to see peeps riding without helmets but that is a different topic all together. :scratch

It looks like the MIPS (multi directional impact protection) technology in MTB helmets. Bell and others have that in their lids as well... I happen to have a Swedish made POC with it.

https://helmets.org/mips.htm

It still amazes me to see peeps riding without helmets but that is a different topic all together. :scratch

South Florida, eh?!

4-6 inches of snow forecast by NOAA for tomorrow, here in Sheboygan. I will think of you fondly.

As for the "peeps without lids" - always a head shaker when I see that.

Given the irrational nature of the human mind, nothing less than mandatory helmet laws would solve that problem.

With the pendulum of common sense in our society now swung (and perhaps stuck) to the far left, don't hold your breath on the subject.

Other problem is 'Darwin's Law' isn't thinning the herd fast enough to make a difference. By the time one genius has either killed or vegatized himself, he's mentored 2-3 kids or nephews to go down the same path. :banghead

Nice to see helmet makers compete based on providing superior protection.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b9CA34u_XDM?rel=0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

South Florida, eh?!

4-6 inches of snow forecast by NOAA for tomorrow, here in Sheboygan. I will think of you fondly.

As for the "peeps without lids" - always a head shaker when I see that.

Given the irrational nature of the human mind, nothing less than mandatory helmet laws would solve that problem.

With the pendulum of common sense in our society now swung (and perhaps stuck) to the far left, don't hold your breath on the subject.

Other problem is 'Darwin's Law' isn't thinning the herd fast enough to make a difference. By the time one genius has either killed or vegatized himself, he's mentored 2-3 kids or nephews to go down the same path. :banghead

Thanks! LOL! Yup S Fl and it’s chilly for us here too in the 40’s ..:) I hear you on common sense and Darwinism, both aren’t helpful at the moment... :banghead

Back