• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gps connector in k1300s ?

mattias_k1300

Just bought a Gps for mounting on my K1300s. Is there a connector fitted on the bike wiring loom already to use the 3 pin rep connector that can be purchased from bmw ?
If so where is it?
My old f800st had this, k1300 must likely but i dont know where it is on the bike.

There's a white plug in front of the battery. It may have a black protective cover on the plug. The black thing laying on top of my battery is the cover.
The plug is circled in red.

GPS Plug 2.jpg

NAV VI for K1300S?

Just bought a Gps for mounting on my K1300s. Is there a connector fitted on the bike wiring loom already to use the 3 pin rep connector that can be purchased from bmw ?
If so where is it?
My old f800st had this, k1300 must likely but i dont know where it is on the bike.

Is there a mount for the NAV VI that may be installed on a 2010 K1300S?

Welcome to the forum.
Are you looking for a cradle to power the Nav, or a mount to attach the unit to the bike?

Mmm. I guess, both. I have not bought a NAV VI, yet, because I do not know what accessory mounts are available for the K1300S cockpit. I've seen a few photos of persons using Garmin Zumo's, but the images are never close-ups so I don't know how these were mounted. Thanks for asking.

BMW has a cradle that fits the Navigator IV, V and VI.
I think the Zumo 660/665 will also work, but you need to check on that.

s-l1600.jpg

At first I used the top part of a Ram handle bar mount and attached it to the lower half of my clutch lever clamp.
I had to file out the Ram part and use longer bolts to make it work.

Ram mount.jpg

Zumo.jpg

Later I found a used Verholen ball that screws in where the plastis BMW Roundel is.
Verholen GPS Mount (1).jpg

Ram sells a ball that screws into the same spot but has a unfinished look.
s-l500.jpg

BikePenR GPS Mounts - Pirateslair.net

I like the GT10 for K1300S from Pirateslair.net - BikePenR GSP Mounts. Gotta' give up the Roundel in the center of the bars (which may be heresy - will leave that to an Inquisition....) but it's elegant. Thanks Lee.

Pirateslair.jpg
GT 10-2013.jpg

Last edited:
I like the GT10 for K1300S from Pirateslair.net - BikePenR GSP Mounts. Gotta' give up the Roundel in the center of the bars (which may be heresy - will leave that to an Inquisition....) but it's elegant. Thanks Lee.

The BikePenR mounts I've seen are well made and Pirate is a good vendor to do business with.

Got a Question

I have the cradle for the Navigator V. It has two sets of wires with plugs. Where do they connect? It came with absolutely no instructions, but it did have a packet of Body & Bike shower gel. :scratch

I have the cradle for the Navigator V. It has two sets of wires with plugs. Where do they connect? It came with absolutely no instructions, but it did have a packet of Body & Bike shower gel. :scratch

Post # 2 shows the connector.
You only use one of the cradle connectors on the K1300S.

PO cut the blinking plug off!

Thanks, Lee
After taking almost all of the fairing off, I finally found what I believe to be the wires. Note I said nothing about the connector since the previous owner cut it off for some reason, which is one of many reasons why Iā€™m not fond of used vehicles. However, he did upgrade the horn from the stock sleepy cow MOO to an air horn.

There are three wires:
Red
Blue
Brown

I think the red and brown wires are power and ground. I have no idea what the blue wire does, but those are also the colors of the wires to one of the plugs on the cradle. My plan is to solder in a matching pair of three pin plugs. Is this going to work?

Last edited:
I think the red and brown wires are power and ground. I have no idea what the blue wire does, but those are also the colors of the wires to one of the plugs on the cradle. My plan is to solder in a matching pair of three pin plugs. Is this going to work?

I don't know.
I do know all 3 wires are not used.
The wires coming from my bike had the same 3 colors as yours. The repair cable I attached to my GPS only used 2 of the 3 wires.
Matching the colors would be a good guess but it would be better if someone with better wiring knowledge jumps in and lets you know.

GPS Plug.jpg

BMW has a cradle that fits the Navigator IV, V and VI.
I think the Zumo 660/665 will also work, but you need to check on that.

Lee I have a Navigator VI I would like to use on my K1300S. I do not have the BMW cradle which went with my R1200RT along with my Navigator V when I traded the bike in last spring. I contacted pirate about whether the Pen stem mount bracket he sells would directly mount the navigator VI cradle. He was not sure and sid he would check but has not responded yet. Do you know if the Pen mount will work with the Nav VI cradle? Also do you know the best place (best deal) I can get a Navigator cradle?

Do you know if the Pen mount will work with the Nav VI cradle? Also do you know the best place (best deal) I can get a Navigator cradle?

I had taken for granted the 4 holes on the Bike Pen were a standard spacing like the Navigator uses.
I think the BMW Navigator cradle is only available from dealers.
They sell a 4 button cradle and one without the buttons.
If you have a wonder wheel you don't need the buttons.

Thanks Lee, I don't have the wonder wheel so I would buy the one with the buttons. I have a friend with the one without the buttons so I can measure the hole spacing on his. Hopefully Pirate can get me the hole spacing on the Pen mount.

Back