Thread: 1952 emw r35

1952 emw r35

Posted for general interest only.

For sale on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-BMW-R-...BaJG4Y&vxp=mtr - 35 other photos on the auction page

Not mine, and no affiliation with the seller. I wasn't even aware of the story behind this marque until it came up on the SovietSteeds Russian sidecar site. There do appear to be some subtle differences between this and the actual BMW R35; forks, front fender, hand controls, seat suspension, etc.

Eisenacher Motorenwerk

One of the pre-World War II BMW factories was located in Eisenach, which after the war was taken over by the Soviets, since Eisenach was situated in the Soviet occupation zone. The factory continued producing cars and motorcycles under the BMW brand, but after a lawsuit in 1952 they had to change the name to EMW instead. The logotype was also similar, but instead of the blue BMW used, EMW used red.
    (note lugs for sidecar installation)

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Jeff Wilson life member Justscootin's Avatar
    When I saw this picture the first thing noticed is the emblem it should be the red and white if it was built after 1950 also it should have rear suspension. This may be a pre 1950 that was related as a 1952
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT scooter is better than the best day at work