• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

First BMW

puglet01

I've been riding about 45 years. I owned a bike since I was 16. I presently have a collection of various Japanese bikes and a couple Harleys. Several years ago I saw pictures of an R90S and liked the looks of them. A couple weeks ago one showed up on Craigslist near me and I was finally able to see one in person. I'm now the owner of a 76 R90s in Daytona orange. It has a couple of little problems and that's why I'm here. Not having any experience with this type is like trying to restore a UFO for me. I have all winter now to study up on the subject and work out the issues. Before putting it in my garage I did get to take it for a quick ride up and down my road and it was a unique experience.

I live in southwestern PA. I'm presently retired after 30 years in law enforcement.

Welcome from Minnesota!
You have a nice bike there. Lots of good info in the club.

Joe

Welcome. You may not know know that your bike is called an Airhead. The Airhead Beemer Club (ABC) is a group that is dedicated to keeping Airheads up and running. Each state/province has a person or persons that are called Air Marshals. These people are essentially the club President for their state/province. Go to the the webpage here and click on your state/province and you can findout who your Air Marshal is. Click on the name and you'll be able to send an email and findout what activities you can join. ABC local clubs often hold tech days where you can learn from people who know a great deal about Airheads. You can join the ABC at http://www.airheads.org/.

I suggest you complete your profile so people know where you live (state/province), what you ride and a little background.

A big second on joining the Airheads Beemer Club. Then consider attending the MD Airheads SuperTech weekend and learn more about your current bike than you can imagine. Seminar technical topics cover brakes, electrical, carbs and more to adjusting the loose nut behind the handlebar.

Lots of Airhead activities in PA and surrounding states all year round. We are your family, get to know us.

Friedle

Thanks everyone for the welcome. With the weather and holidays coming I haven't really had any time to play with my R90s. Soon as things settle down I plan to start studying and wrenching on it. I would like to have it road ready by spring.

Back