• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gray nose on my 2015 is now GONE! :)

bmwdean

BMW MOA co-founder
After 2½ years, I could no longer stand the gray stock nose on my blue BMW 2015 R1200RT motorcycle. It is now GONE! :)

3-view3.jpg

Looks much nicer. Where'd you get that stubby antenna? I'd like to swap the one on my '15...

Gray nose on my 2015 is now GONE! 😊

Looks great. Did you send it out to get it painted?
Oh, you inspired me to get yellow lenses for my D2 lights, thanks

That's a whole lot of blue for my tastes, but I'm glad you are happy with it. Enjoy.

Looks great. Did you send it out to get it painted?
Oh, you inspired me to get yellow lenses for my D2 lights, thanks

I had Iron Horse Motorcycles in Tucson, the only exclusive BMW dealer in Arizona, do everything. It removed the panel, had it painted, and then replaced it. It cost $436 for everything.

You could do it cheaper, but I wanted it all done by pros.

ericas-bright.jpg

You have them stacked wrong, it's RED, WHITE & BLUE. :usa To answer your question, yes on the blue and red, no on the white. :)

At O'Reilly Auto Parts. Cost $10. Stock antenna is ugly, as is the gray nose.

On that antenna - did you notice a reduction on radio reception?
- the appearance of the antenna wasn't a concern to me - unless you are going a 'little' quick, and it does a bit of whipping
- not that I have experienced myself - just saying...........

After 2½ years, I could no longer stand the gray stock nose on my blue BMW 2015 R1200RT motorcycle. It is now GONE! :)

3-view3.jpg

Looks so much better with the blue nose !!!!
The nose should be the same color as the balance of the bike....Agreed !!!

Back